Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Best Travel Agency for Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Travel Agency for Japan

I'm currently studying abroad in Japan and after finals I'll have a two week block for traveling and was wondering what travel agency would people recommend for the two weeks? Thanks.

Originally posted by Jarmel View Post
    I'm currently studying abroad in Japan and after finals I'll have a two week block for traveling and was wondering what travel agency would people recommend for the two weeks? Thanks.
    what city are you in? I use Academy Travel in Juso, Osaka. Foreign-owned

Comment

Currently in Hirakata, outside of Osaka.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarmel View Post
        Currently in Hirakata, outside of Osaka.
        Juso is on the Hankyu line, one of the first stops on the express from Umeda, going towards Kobe.

Owned by a Canadian and staff speak English. You can also book tickets over the phone, you send them money by bank transfer and they can send you an e-ticket by email, no need for a paper ticket.

http://kansaiconnect.com/academy/

Comment

It seems these days that the travel agents in Japan get you whatever deal you could have gotten through the airline direct, but they also tack on a service charge now--makes it more expensive than direct through the airlines. And the travel agents here want a copy of your passport, and few allow you to pay by credit card over the Internet or by phone. I guess some might be good for the package deal, but if it's just an airline ticket, just go to the airline's website.

Comment

I never use travel agencies, since I can usually find good deals direcly with the airline. But travel agencies such as Kintetsu International and JTB USA deal with travel to Japan. If you live in a major metropolitan area with a large asian community, some of the local travel agents might be able to find consolidator deals as well for you.

Comment

Working...
            X