Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

How early do you arrive before your flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
    I have a feeling Hijinx carries more in his carry-on than his computer and Raspberry Sprinkle Pocky for the Missus.

That's why it clinks and rattles.
    The last flight I took the she-man trolley-dolly confiscated my carry-on beer.

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
      Fly JAL. No need for carry-ons.

And the Vancouver to Tokyo run haas the lovely Miss Sato. Face like a doll, and a caboose that will keep that train a rollin' all night long.

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
        Must have been United. Next time, pour it in a ocha pet bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hijinx View Post
          Must have been United. Next time, pour it in a ocha pet bottle.
          Jetstar. I ain't gonna drink beer from a pet bottle. They should let me take it!
          You can take food on board...why not beer?

Comment

Originally posted by shonanfred View Post
            Yes, but with this many trips you are using the biz class line, no?
            Fred
            lately, ya... but I have been thru the regular line plenty of times and 2 hours.. NO PROBLEM and it leaves you plenty of fudge factor in case you are running late..

Comment

I used to arrive on full fare economy tickets 1 hour before just to make sure I ended up in business. The old Vancouver - Osaka run used the First Class section for business. That was heaven.

But that was back in the 90s. It's the only thing I miss about the 90s.

This time I flew business, and it was like being in economy................back in the 90s.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, and stories. I think 2 hours should be plenty of time for me to get through the airport and onto the plane. Maybe if it goes fast enough i can get a drink before the flight too, although it will 11am in the morning, however UK time is -9 hours so i justify drinking if i imagine it is 2am, just a very sunny 2am.

I am going to stay the night before too. It isn't worth taking the risk. Oh and Ben, sadly there is no train from my city to Tokyo and the train to Toyko leaves about 2 hours after the first bus, so that isn't really an option though, but that is all irrelevant now that i am going the night before.
                Last edited by ChucklingJawa; 2011-11-28, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I always stay in Tokyo the night before..
                  I like the Narita Express so I stay either near Sinjuku or Tokyo stations.. Ueno also has a stop for it I may take advantage of next time.

Comment

Working...
                  X