Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

flying with a french bulldog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flying with a french bulldog

Hi,

I've read that you can't fly with French bulldogs on JAL, I was wondering if anyone has traveled from Japan to Canada with a French bulldog.
    Perhaps on a different carrier.

Thanks.

Originally posted by gixxstar View Post
    Hi,

I've read that you can't fly with French bulldogs on JAL, I was wondering if anyone has traveled from Japan to Canada with a French bulldog.
    Perhaps on a different carrier.

Thanks.
    an outrage!!!! clear case of discrimination if ever there was one!! the french have every right to fair and equal treatment no matter how they act in public!!!

Comment

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/pet/

"During the flight, the temperature your pet experiences in the bulk cargo compartment may vary depending on the outside temperature and the exact location of the pet crate."

I don't think I'd EVER take my dog with JAL after reading this little nugget in their conditions-Seriously, WTF. Temperature control, people.

This country has a lot to learn about pets, IMHO.

Snub-nosed dogs are difficult to fly- mortality issues, I'm sure you've already researched. I know Thai allow small dogs in the cabin, but I don't know whether you can bring them in Japan this way.

Good health.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
          an outrage!!!! clear case of discrimination if ever there was one!! the french have every right to fair and equal treatment no matter how they act in public!!!
          Priceless haha!

Comment

Originally posted by rei View Post
            http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/pet/

"During the flight, the temperature your pet experiences in the bulk cargo compartment may vary depending on the outside temperature and the exact location of the pet crate."

I don't think I'd EVER take my dog with JAL after reading this little nugget in their conditions-Seriously, WTF. Temperature control, people.

This country has a lot to learn about pets, IMHO.

Snub-nosed dogs are difficult to fly- mortality issues, I'm sure you've already researched. I know Thai allow small dogs in the cabin, but I don't know whether you can bring them in Japan this way.

Good health.

Thanks I'll check out Thai airlines

Comment

Ive flown into Japan, from Vancouver with my small dog. Was allowed in the cabin under my seat. The hoops you have to go through however in order to enter Japan with a dog is rather lengthly, and not cheap.

BTW, I flew United Airlines...

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bong IX
                Yeah, but you've also spent time in a Japanese mental institution.
                weren't you put in for raping your own children?

Comment

Originally posted by liamoko View Post
                  Ive flown into Japan, from Vancouver with my small dog. Was allowed in the cabin under my seat. The hoops you have to go through however in order to enter Japan with a dog is rather lengthly, and not cheap.

BTW, I flew United Airlines...

Hope that helps.
                  Are you referring to the animal quarantine in Japan? I read that you need to arrange that 40 days in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by gixxstar View Post
                    Are you referring to the animal quarantine in Japan? I read that you need to arrange that 40 days in advance.
                    Gixx...

There are several vaccinations required, and blood tests that have to be sent to the US(Kentucky) for testing then returned. Plus the required microchip and registration of said microchip. All of this is required to the letter, else you face the fact of having your dog in quarantine at narita airport for up to 3 months(you dont want this, trust me).

I used an agency... www.animaltravel.com and I highly recommend them. They are Vancouver based and are extremely helpful in ensuring you have done everything needed to enter Japan with your dog.

Comment

Originally posted by ieruun
                      Why not sell your dog to a chinese or korean restaurant?
                      Yer an idiot...

Comment

Gixx...

There are several vaccinations required, and blood tests that have to be sent to the US(Kentucky) for testing then returned. Plus the required microchip and registration of said microchip. All of this is required to the letter, else you face the fact of having your dog in quarantine at narita airport for up to 3 months(you dont want this, trust me).

I used an agency... www.animaltravel.com and I highly recommend them. They are Vancouver based and are extremely helpful in ensuring you have done everything needed to enter Japan with your dog.
                        Thanks a lot

Comment

Gixx...

Thank you for all the information. I again have to try bringing my boston terrier from Vancouver to Japan. Do u mind if I ask how much it cost you and how long it took to prepare for all the procedures before entering narita?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by hodoo0410 View Post
                            Thank you for all the information. I again have to try bringing my boston terrier from Vancouver to Japan. Do u mind if I ask how much it cost you and how long it took to prepare for all the procedures before entering narita?

Thank you in advance!
                            Plan on 6 months( including blood tests, vaccinations, waiting periods, etc), and about $2,000 CDN...

Again, I cant stress enough going through an agency, contact Ruthy Peters at www.animaltravel.com She will sort you out for about $200, well worth it.

Goodluck.

Comment

On a side note... You will be required to take your dog to Narita Immigration yearly to show the dog has all required vaccinations are up to date.

Comment

Working...
                              X