Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Shipping Luggage from Narita?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Luggage from Narita?

I'm all finished with my study abroad stay here in Japan and I'm getting ready to travel around Asia (China, Thailand, Vietnam) for the next month. The problem is I dont want to carry around everything that I've acquired during my stay. I would store my luggage at Narita, but my flight from Bangkok doesnt connect through Japan, it connects through Seoul. So I was wondering if anyone has ever shipped their luggage to another airport OR directly shipped it back home (I'm from America) and what the cheapest way to do this is. I'm spending the whole month of December traveling, so my suitcase wouldnt need to be rushed there. Is there such a thing as an airport to airport delivery service?

Thanks!

Originally posted by emflannery View Post
    I'm all finished with my study abroad stay here in Japan and I'm getting ready to travel around Asia (China, Thailand, Vietnam) for the next month. The problem is I dont want to carry around everything that I've acquired during my stay. I would store my luggage at Narita, but my flight from Bangkok doesnt connect through Japan, it connects through Seoul. So I was wondering if anyone has ever shipped their luggage to another airport OR directly shipped it back home (I'm from America) and what the cheapest way to do this is. I'm spending the whole month of December traveling, so my suitcase wouldnt need to be rushed there. Is there such a thing as an airport to airport delivery service?

Thanks!

The Japanese have this thing called the Post Office. It ships crap around frm A to B........

Use the Sea Mail (Funa-bin)or the Surface Air Lift (SAL) options. Straight Air Mail gets pricey.

Sea Mail seems to take 1.5 to 2 months to the West Coast, and after that, it is up to US Mail.

SAL usually takes about 1 month.

Anyways, they have a good website with English, and a shipping rates calculator to find out the cost.

Have a good trip.

Comment

Originally posted by emflannery View Post
      .... Is there such a thing as an airport to airport delivery service?
      You could always talk some young hottie to carry it across for you - having secreted away in hidden compartments those items you don't want seen.

Comment

Working...
      X