Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Selling the farm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
    ... rice farmers, if they are lucky, break even. ...
    As I now have a palatial home that was built by a rice farmer, and have seen many like it here in rice country - I have to disagree. With Japan's rice prices at 17 times (?) the world price - all supported by taxes - the rice farmers receive the last little tinkle of my sympathy pis_.

Comment

Originally posted by oxymoron View Post
      You've never used toilet paper that wasn't finger proof?
      Those incidents are firmly blocked from my memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Sickens View Post

Come on, tell the truth, you've spent a couple of weeks every year, in Japan, after you married that J slapper, who was on study oor working visa in Australia, 7 years ago. You wait for the change in the wife, once Japan becomes home again.
        What the hell?
        What a Jacka$$ you are.
        That was totally uncalled for.

Comment

Originally posted by oxymoron View Post
          As part of our impending move back to Japan, to play the Inaka, subsistance lifestyle on a farm ( 1,000 squ. metres is a farm?), we have put our farm in Oz on the market. All our chooks are for sale, as is our plant and equipment.
          While we wait for that to sell, we are moving to a house near the beach. We'll be sad to leave the farm, but the house has great coastal views, however, almost no land.
          As soon as the farm has settled, we'll rent out the beach house and head to Japan.
          Fun times ahead! I have to be bloody crazy to do this at my age.
          I am a teacher living in the country side. I like the cheap rent, fresh air and more friendly people compared to the city. The one disadvantage is if you lose your job, you probably have to move to find work.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Sickens View Post
            No you're wrong, you're an idiot.

You sound like a 17th Century African who would willingly sells himself into slavery in the South so that his offspring could have a better life as a drug dealer.

Get a grip, Japan is the last place that you want to come to as an immigrant.
            Sad ____ in your miserable world, attempting to spread your misery. Pity you.

Comment

Working...
            X