Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

First time travelling, who should I book my plane ticket with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mosswoodpark View Post
    how much does that hotel cost for the night?
    http://www.nikkokix.com/e/top.html

depending on when you arrive, from April 1, 8-16,000 yen for a single room.
    Last edited by KansaiBen; 2012-03-18, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
      http://www.nikkokix.com/e/top.html

depending on when you arrive, from April 1, 8-16,000 yen for a single room.
      do you know anything about haneda airport? do they shut down in the evenings?

Comment

do you know anything about haneda airport? do they shut down in the evenings?
        Yes, they do and they reopen at 5 AM.

Comment

so its looking like I should just book the flight with the least amount of time, which gives me 3 hours to transfer from narita to haneda. even if i miss the flight, it seems like a better option than having an overnight layover in one of these airports

Comment

so its looking like I should just book the flight with the least amount of time, which gives me 3 hours to transfer from narita to haneda. even if i miss the flight, it seems like a better option than having an overnight layover in one of these airports

The limousine bus between Narita and Haneda airports takes about an hour if there is no traffic. 3 hours between flights should be plenty of time IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
              The limousine bus between Narita and Haneda airports takes about an hour if there is no traffic. 3 hours between flights should be plenty of time IMO.
              yeah hopefully i can figure out the exact logistics before getting there. i have connecting flights all with ANA, so i shouldn't have to recheck my bags once i get to narita hopefully.
              thanks again

Comment

yeah hopefully i can figure out the exact logistics before getting there. i have connecting flights all with ANA, so i shouldn't have to recheck my bags once i get to narita hopefully.
                thanks again
                I seriously doubt they would book you a connecting flight between terminals if they did not believe you can make your connection. Even if you miss your connection due to delays or airline error they will be held liable for any incurred costs, hotel bills etc.

Narita is signposted all the way through so its pretty hard to get lost anyway. Just look for the Narita Limousine bus sign when you arrive in the arrivals hall and buy a ticket to Haneda.

Comment

Three hours is tight. If your plane is 1:15 late, and you take :45 to get out of the terminal (which is on the short end), you have an hour left to find the bus (which may not leave for another 15 - 20), and take the hour ride to Haneda - just in time to miss your flight. Then you have to work out what the airline is going to do for you, all after a many-hour flight from your home country.

Ben - the airline will book it, with the expectation that if you miss your connecting flight, they will put you on a later flight. For them it's easy, not so easy for the inexperienced traveler.

Comment

Can you get a flight that flies into Haneda?

Comment

If you don`t want to spend a night at the airport, try to book a nearby hotel on Agoda.com. You can get a good deal as of 6000 Yen/night single room. In my opinion, as Effected After had pointed out, 3 hours between flights and changing airports is not enough. I wouldn`t take a risk. Best of luck.

Comment

I also heard that at Narita you can do half-day tours around Narita/Chiba for people stuck with 5-6 hours on their hands between flights. May be worth booking a later flight and taking a day tour to kill time.

Comment

Working...
                        X