The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less



Sold my car - What documents do I need?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sold my car - What documents do I need?

    So I recently sold my car, and bought a new one, but the change-over hasn't been done yet. (ie I still have my old car)

    The name cars have't changed hands, and the registration/name change hasn't been done.

    So as a SELLER, what do I need to provide? I know I need the shaken certificate and stuff, but what additional documents do I need? Do I need to be there when the name change is done? Do I even need to be in the country.

    to put it another way;
    As a BUYER, what documents do I need from the previous owner? I want to try and do the name change myself.

    Any help would be appreciated.