Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Exporting my motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting my motorcycle

Ive seen a lot of talk about bringing bikes to Japan but in my searches here I have found almost no info on sending your bike OUT of Japan.
    Im looking for a reliable export company so I can send my bike back to the states.
    Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks for your help.

none at all?

Comment

I can offer this service...

Send us a PM via www.japanriders.com (Fastbike)

Comment

I've thought it would be a good idea. In the 80s, 90s some really cool street models were sold here, like the Clubman and Volty, the likes of which you don't see in America or elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by akazoroe View Post
          Ive seen a lot of talk about bringing bikes to Japan but in my searches here I have found almost no info on sending your bike OUT of Japan.
          Im looking for a reliable export company so I can send my bike back to the states.
          Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks for your help.
          There is a company in Saitama called Global Standard co. who have some of the best exporting prices I've seen for cars. The owner, Naoyuki, really knows his stuff and if it can be done, he can help you. Depending on how involved in the process (paperwork etc)you want to be, I have also dealt with JDMConnection in Alberta, Canada, and the guy that runs it, William, it top notch and can handle everything for you, hands off, from start to finish for a reasonable fee. I've only exported cars, but I bet the bike regs are a lot the same. That said, cars to the states have to be 25 years old to import (Federal regs, some states allow newer cars but you run a risk of having the feds crush it!). You should do some checking first!

Comment

Working...
          X