Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Where to get raw honey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get raw honey?

I'm thinking of brewing up a big batch of mead this summer. Does anyone know where I can get raw honey at a reasonable price? Around Tokyo/Chiba/Shizuoka/Nagano etc. would be best as I'm located in central Tokyo.

Originally posted by paradoxbox View Post
    I'm thinking of brewing up a big batch of mead this summer. Does anyone know where I can get raw honey at a reasonable price? Around Tokyo/Chiba/Shizuoka/Nagano etc. would be best as I'm located in central Tokyo.
    I’d stop at a “michi-no-eki”, or a JA store – and contact the producer (buy a jar to obtain the contact info) – and ask if they “heat-treat” their honey. Most will have done so – but you might be able to get them to sell you some that has not been processed.

Comment

Originally posted by madazzahatter
      .....Costco?
      Raw? - Never..... It will all be pasteurized, homogenized, and adulterated. Well - probably Not adulterated - but in any case, not fit for making mead.

Comment

Hey,

Peeples claim these guys sell it.

http://www.labeille.jp/

I found it on this site http://www.giveittomeraw.com/group/rawjapan

I found both the above sites using this newfangled thingies called the interwebz.

Cool, eh!?

Comment

Originally posted by madazzahatter
          Actually,isn't Niigata famous for honey ?

...........not to mention adultery..............

BA DUM BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
            Hey,

Peeples claim these guys sell it.

http://www.labeille.jp/

I found it on this site http://www.giveittomeraw.com/group/rawjapan

I found both the above sites using this newfangled thingies called the interwebz.

Cool, eh!?
            Raw means: un- pasteurized; un-homogenized, un-adulterated, un-filtered, and un-dried (moisture content unchanged by man) – just as the bees saved it for their consumption – and of course maybe produced by beekeepers who work in the raw. It also means that it will ferment rather quickly unless refrigerated. This is my raw wisdom – coming to you rather raw.

Comment

still looking around, i haven't found a reasonably priced source anywhere yet.

that's the big problem, i have found some suppliers but their price it really really high and the quantities quite small - makes me wonder who even buys that.

if anyone on this forum has an apiary and some extra honey lying around PM me as i might be able to take it off your hands. filtered honey is OK but pasteurized is a sensitive point

Comment

that's the big problem, i have found some suppliers but their price it really really high and the quantities quite small - makes me wonder who even buys that.

if anyone on this forum has an apiary and some extra honey lying around PM me as i might be able to take it off your hands. filtered honey is OK but pasteurized is a sensitive point
                How much are you looking for - and at what price point?

We always pasteurize ours - and generally within a few hours, else it starts to foam. The foam is of course harmless - but for those who do not know this, it becomes a mental issue.

Comment

Wasn't Ken on CL trying his hand at the mead making? Check out his website.

PS don't let Kuro near the mead, known fact Danes start trying to relive their Viking past when fed mead. Can you just see him trying to sack and pillage the FSA offices in Kasumigaseki and rape the OL's at Todai?

Comment

Now Todai has some fine OL's, and I mean Office Ladies not Old Ladies!

Comment

I've heard that bees are a good source of raw honey. And best of all, they're free. No need to thank me, just don't go telling everyone.

Comment

Google Gagarra Honey Australia. This guy has about 500 hives, spread aroung the Nth Queensland bush. Doesn't heat the honey nor adds anything to it. He has about a dozen different varities and I think exports to Japan. Email him.

Comment

hatter, I found a video of some of Gov Hashimoto's castoffs. Go ahead and email them, they may be interested in your offer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ExI...&feature=feedu

Comment

Working...
                          X