Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Wilderness camping / campfire legality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilderness camping / campfire legality?

Are fires legal out in the sticks? I am thinking of taking a trip up into some of the mountains around Chichibu and staying a few nights. I'd like to cook using a hand made fire rather than bring / buy a gas cooker.

Are fires legal out in the sticks? By sticks I mean I will be pretty far away from any city (For Japan anyway), at least 4 or 5km from the nearest house I guess.

Originally posted by paradoxbox View Post
    Are fires legal out in the sticks? I am thinking of taking a trip up into some of the mountains around Chichibu and staying a few nights. I'd like to cook using a hand made fire rather than bring / buy a gas cooker.

Are fires legal out in the sticks? By sticks I mean I will be pretty far away from any city (For Japan anyway), at least 4 or 5km from the nearest house I guess.
    Forgiveness easier than permission.

Be smart. Be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by hml View Post
      Forgiveness easier than permission.

Be smart. Be safe.
      Agree with that. Since all land belongs to someone - save the few parks that are owned by a government, you would probably have a hard time obtaining permission.

I have built many small camp fires over the years - and have seen many more that others have built. Do it by a water source and have a bucket handy, and no one will take notice or complain. If someone does, by all means simply extinguish it.

Comment

Working...
      X