Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Where to buy hessian potato sacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy hessian potato sacks?

Where can I buy hessian potato sacks, we've a glut of potatoes and need to store them.

Originally posted by Pocky-man View Post
    Where can I buy hessian potato sacks, we've a glut of potatoes and need to store them.
    I find that sturdy brown paper sacks work well and keep potatoes fresh for months if stored in the dark (I use ones that previously contained 5kg of flour). The fish and chip shop I used to work at back in the UK gets their potatoes delivered in such sacks. Spreading potatoes out on newspaper and drying them in air (not direct sunlight) for a few hours before bagging them also helps to preserve them.

Comment

They are already stored in rice bags we bought at the local agri. center, the trouble is the the FIL AND MIL have said potatoes need to be in boxes covered with paper to let them breath.
      I agree about the bags, we did the same in the UK, potatoes lasted months and months.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocky-man View Post
        They are already stored in rice bags we bought at the local agri. center, the trouble is the the FIL AND MIL have said potatoes need to be in boxes covered with paper to let them breath.
        I agree about the bags, we did the same in the UK, potatoes lasted months and months.
        They're being a bit cheeky considering the importance of the potato in the British diet! It's like you telling them how to prepare sashimi!

Comment

Working...
        X