Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

compulsory automobile liability insurance ... insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compulsory automobile liability insurance ... insurance

Hi
    I am about to get an old car with shaken of 1 year. Car will be with me for 6 months approximately.
    Is the compulsory automobile liability insurance (CALI) already included with the used car as shaken is valid?
    Or I need to get a new CALI? In that case, how to get one for short term (6months)?

Btw, I understand CALI cover is very limited.

Originally posted by zombie2 View Post
    Hi
    I am about to get an old car with shaken of 1 year. Car will be with me for 6 months approximately.
    Is the compulsory automobile liability insurance (CALI) already included with the used car as shaken is valid?
    Or I need to get a new CALI? In that case, how to get one for short term (6months)?

Btw, I understand CALI cover is very limited.
    indeed, the jibaiseki (minimal insurance) is paid until the shaken is up and is transferable, so if you transfer ownership you will be legal. it is a bad idea to drive any vehicle in japan with only that insurance, but you seem to already know that it basically covers nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by haildamage View Post
      indeed, the jibaiseki (minimal insurance) is paid until the shaken is up and is transferable, so if you transfer ownership you will be legal. it is a bad idea to drive any vehicle in japan with only that insurance, but you seem to already know that it basically covers nothing.
      Is it possible to get short term (eg. 6 months) insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by zombie2 View Post
        Is it possible to get short term (eg. 6 months) insurance?
        you mean supplementary insurance?

yes, it should be possible. you might have to pay for a whole year and then get the balance refunded when you cancel it, but it is possible i believe.

Comment

Working...
        X