Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Tsubo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsubo

Hello fellow potters, long time no type. Anyway, my wife and I having been trying to work out what the times (x) measurement of a tsubo is. She says 2 tatami mats. 1.8m2 While my translation app says 3.31 m2.
    Which is it? Your help gladly recieved.

Depends where you are. They use different sizes in different areas of Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by life'sspark View Post
      Hello fellow potters, long time no type. Anyway, my wife and I having been trying to work out what the times (x) measurement of a tsubo is. She says 2 tatami mats. 1.8m2 While my translation app says 3.31 m2.
      Your app is correct (1 tsubo = 3.30578 m2).
      The size of tatami mats do indeed differ by region in Japan, but the 3.31 m2 is a standard measurement.
      You can see a few different tatami sizes on the Wiki page.
      Breakdown of Japanese measurements on another Wiki page.
      Down here in Kyushu, the tatami in my house are even bigger - 97.5 x 195 cm (Tokyo is 88 x 1.76 cm).

Comment

Originally posted by life'sspark View Post
        And, Hamakko has the answer!

Thankfully, the OP isn't one of those "my Japanese wife says..." experts!
        There always seems to be one in every group of gaijin.
        A few years ago, I had a particularly annoying co-worker from England who couldn't stop citing his "Japanese wife". We shut him up for a sec one day with "your Japanese wife should suck my c**k". He came back the next day with "my Japanese wife says you owe her an apology". She even called the company to complain, but nothing happened.

Comment

Working...
        X