Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

National Land Use Planning Act???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Land Use Planning Act???

Can anybody explain what the National Land Use Planning Act is? I might be translating that incorrectly. 国土利用計画法

If a piece of land is covered by this act, what happens if I buy it? Do I have to farm on it? Grow timber? Can I build a house? If so, what about paying taxes?

I could really use some help here.

Originally posted by ruserious View Post
    Can anybody explain what the National Land Use Planning Act is? I might be translating that incorrectly. 国土利用計画法

If a piece of land is covered by this act, what happens if I buy it? Do I have to farm on it? Grow timber? Can I build a house? If so, what about paying taxes?

I could really use some help here.
    Obviously you need help. What exactly is it you need help with? And why should anybody help you?
    As for myself I work for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by guyjeen View Post
      Obviously you need help. What exactly is it you need help with? And why should anybody help you?

I needed someone to explain what that law is. I found somebody on a friendlier forum who explained it really well.

Why should anybody help me? Karma.

Comment

Originally posted by ruserious View Post
        I needed someone to explain what that law is. I found somebody on a friendlier forum who explained it really well.

Why should anybody help me? Karma.
        I was hoping to read a (sensible) reply to your question too - just out of curiosity rather than need.

Guyjeen's reply was caustic for no obvious reason.

Comment

Originally posted by guyjeen View Post
          douchebag.

Ruserious isnt the Land Utilization Law only applicable for the government, like mayors, governors and the like. Or so I read if I do a quick search on google.

Comment

The National Land Use Planning Act has a few sections that don't really all blend together.

Roughly speaking, the Act controls what large areas of land can be used for, and requires the buyer to get approval from the local government.

Here is a cut-and-paste from one important portion of the law:

"Prefectures shall develop their land use master plans based on the national land use plan; shall specify five areas: urban area, agricultural area, forest area, natural park area, and natural conservation area; and shall specify matters relating to the adjustment of land use. The heads of the relevant administrative agencies and relevant municipalities shall take measures relating to restrictions on the land use so that proper and reasonable land use is ensured in accordance with land use master plans."

One interesting aspect of the law is that the local government can force a land owner to sell land he is not using. (I may be misreading this portion of the law, so I'll be sure to double-check with a lawyer before I pull the trigger on any purchase.)

Comment

Working...
            X