Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Narita-Shinjuku

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narita-Shinjuku

What is the cheapiest easiest way?

JR? or the airport limo?

It seems the JR fluctuates and the airport limo is a base price of 3,000 yen. What do people think?

Ps

can you get tickets for these things online in advance?

Comment

Are you visiting or staying in Tokyo? (I think from your previous posts, you are here to stay, but I'll list both anyways)

Visiting: IF you have the JR Pass, you can make reservations on the N'Ex (Narita Express) train when you arrive and it will take you where you need to go for free (I think, as part of the JR Line).

Staying: If you have a foreign passport, I highly recommend the Suica and N'Ex promotion they're doing right now. Go to the JR Window in the basement of Narita Airport (—΂̑‹Œûjand ask for it. At 3500 JPY one-way with a 2000JPY Suica Card included, it's probably the best deal you're going to get to any place in Tokyo. (N'Ex also goes directly to Shinjuku too I believe, but you'll have to wait until the office to see what times they leave)

Other than that, other good options are to take an Airport Limo (but I dunno how much it costs, I've heard somewhere from 2000-3000JPY depending on where you're going) or to take the Keisei Skyliner to Nippori and then switch to the Yamanote Line from there.

Don't worry about making reservations ahead of time if you're riding N'Ex, there are so many trains that run out of Narita on a daily basis that unless you come during some huge conference or event, it shouldn't be too big of an issue. (I arrived around 4-5pm and there were at least 10-15 trains on the timetable with open seats)

Comment

Originally posted by hotguysbabyanimals View Post
        What is the cheapiest easiest way?

JR? or the airport limo?

It seems the JR fluctuates and the airport limo is a base price of 3,000 yen. What do people think?
        Cheapest and easiest are two different things!

Cheapest - Keisei line to Nippori on a limited express, 1000 yen. Yamanote line from Nippori to Shinjuku, 190 yen. Total 1190 yen.

Easiest - Limousine bus, get on at airport, get off at Shinjuku.

JR doesn't fluctuate!

Comment

Originally posted by cucashopboy View Post
          Cheapest and easiest are two different things!
          They sure are!

I would not recommend the cheapest way for anyone not already familiar with the Tokyo train network.

If your hotel is within sight of Shinjuku station then take the Narita Express. If your hotel has Airport Limousine Bus service, use it. The end of a lengthy international flight is not the time to explore a strange city's metro system just to save $20.

Comment

Originally posted by cucashopboy View Post

Easiest - Limousine bus, get on at airport, get off at Shinjuku.

JR doesn't fluctuate!
            ^^ what he said ^^

Comment

Working...
            X