Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Resident's card screwing up my Passmo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident's card screwing up my Passmo

Usually, putting my Passmo in the general vicinity of the ticket gates was enough to get the gates to open. This week however, I had to put my car right on the sensor, and even move it around a bit. I assumed that my Passmo was getting old, as it's pretty beat up, so I got them to exchange it for a new Passmo for me - which didn't solve the problem. I then realized that my Resident's Card was directly behind my Passmo, meaning that when I was swiping the card, having an additional RFID chip in the scannable area was screwing up the sensor. Moving the card further back in the stack solved the problem. So if anyone else is having, or in the future has this problem, there's your solution.

Originally posted by Effected After View Post
    Usually, putting my Passmo in the general vicinity of the ticket gates was enough to get the gates to open. This week however, I had to put my car right on the sensor, and even move it around a bit. I assumed that my Passmo was getting old, as it's pretty beat up, so I got them to exchange it for a new Passmo for me - which didn't solve the problem. I then realized that my Resident's Card was directly behind my Passmo, meaning that when I was swiping the card, having an additional RFID chip in the scannable area was screwing up the sensor. Moving the card further back in the stack solved the problem. So if anyone else is having, or in the future has this problem, there's your solution.
    This is a real issue. Although I have not experienced with a Passmo card, I notice that when I have two cards with embedded RDF chips together, I have the same problem. True, you can alleviate the problem with "card order" in your wallet or passbook, but as these cards become more common, it will become a bigger issue. As it is, I have one such card with me all the time that I use several times a day. When I get my new resident card, the RF chip will be immediately and permanently disabled so I don't have to worry about "card order".
    Last edited by hml; 2012-09-21, 03:32 PM.

Comment

why would you on purposely damage the rdf chip? its not like its going to bite you.

Comment

Originally posted by wernst View Post
        why would you on purposely damage the rdf chip? its not like its going to bite you.
        Did you read this thread at all?

Comment

Originally posted by hml View Post
          Did you read this thread at all?
          so instead of putting your residence card in your WALLET since you dont take it out anyway unless you are being pulled over by the keystones, which happens....eh.... NEVER. Why stubbornly keep it together with your pasmo?
          Last edited by wernst; 2012-09-21, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wernst View Post
            so instead of putting your residence card in your WALLET since you dont take it out anyway unless you are being pulled over by the keystones, which happens....eh.... NEVER. Why stubbornly keep it together with your pasmo?
            I'm not sure where you keep your Passmo, but I keep my registration card in my wallet. I also keep another with a RDF chip. I *need* the chip in the other device but not in my residence card (when I get it). So *not* disabling the unnecessary chip in the residence card would simply be asking for trouble. Every day. Several times each day.

Anyway, my point is that with more and more cards getting these embedded chips, there are going to be consequences (and potential business opportunities) as a result.

Comment

I'm not sure where you keep your Passmo, but I keep my registration card in my wallet. I also keep another with a RDF chip. I *need* the chip in the other device but not in my residence card (when I get it). So *not* disabling the unnecessary chip in the residence card would simply be asking for trouble. Every day. Several times each day.

Anyway, my point is that with more and more cards getting these embedded chips, there are going to be consequences (and potential business opportunities) as a result.
              oh I agree, so lets hope companies look at pitapa who now uses the card like a paying system for vending machines and in some shops. One card for everything, that would be fantastic. ahhhhh one can only dream.

Comment

When I get my new resident card, the RF chip will be immediately and permanently disabled so I don't have to worry about "card order".
                How are you planning to disable the RF chip?

Comment

Originally posted by wzwzwz View Post
                  How are you planning to disable the RF chip?
                  To get you up to speed:
                  http://forum.gaijinpot.com/showthrea...=1#post1280218

Comment

BTW it's PASMO with one S.

http://www.pasmo.co.jp/en/index.html

Comment

Working...
                    X