Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Hakone... barf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakone... barf!

I recently went to Hakone for the first time and although there were some nice views to see, no one ever mentions that a large area of Hakone smells like rotten eggs!!!

When I got to the top of the mountain I thought I was going to hurl it was so strong!

Originally posted by nynapaj View Post
    I recently went to Hakone for the first time and although there were some nice views to see, no one ever mentions that a large area of Hakone smells like rotten eggs!!!

When I got to the top of the mountain I thought I was going to hurl it was so strong!
    You're kidding right? Owakudani? The boiling valley? Did you ride the ropeway and see all the sulphur mines underneath you?

Comment

Originally posted by iago View Post
      You're kidding right? Owakudani? The boiling valley? Did you ride the ropeway and see all the sulphur mines underneath you?
      Yeah. But I have never heard anyone mention anything about the stink before I went there. Everyone was always, "It's so pretty", "The Onsens are so nice!"

I don't take Japanese place names very seriously. I have yet to see a silver chair in Ginza!
      Last edited by nynapaj; 2012-09-26, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Owakudani smells like that, and is known for that. It's a tourist attraction. But most of Hakone doesn't smell like sulfur.

Comment

Working...
        X