Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Local pet relocation agencies in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local pet relocation agencies in Japan

Hey all,

Im looking to ship my cats back to the UK on a separate flight as the one I am on does not allow for pets to be imported into the UK. So I am now forced to hire an agency to book them as cargo for me and put them on a flight.

I tried those generic worldwide (mainly US based) companies and this one quote I got, which they thought was completely formal, was for 7500 dollars to ship them which made me chuckle I must admit. When I originally shipped them to Japan, I used a local agency in the UK who only charged a fraction of that and now I am looking for something similar in Japan (Japanese is fine as well).

Anyone have any recommendations or know where to find these local agencies?

Thanks in advance !!

Why don't you just try to sneak them on? Baggy pants will help!

Comment

And have their claws so close to my yummy zone? No thanks !!

Comment

Originally posted by wanfortheboyz View Post
        Hey all,

Im looking to ship my cats back to the UK on a separate flight as the one I am on does not allow for pets to be imported into the UK. So I am now forced to hire an agency to book them as cargo for me and put them on a flight.

I tried those generic worldwide (mainly US based) companies and this one quote I got, which they thought was completely formal, was for 7500 dollars to ship them which made me chuckle I must admit. When I originally shipped them to Japan, I used a local agency in the UK who only charged a fraction of that and now I am looking for something similar in Japan (Japanese is fine as well).

Anyone have any recommendations or know where to find these local agencies?

Thanks in advance !!
        You don't really need an agency. British airways are the only decent carrier to fly direct to London Heathrow, I believe. Better direct for pets.

Avoid Japanese airlines. JAL do not have temperature control enviroment facilities, and ANA make you sign a ridiculous 'No-liability/ total indemnity in death or wounding of pet' waiver http://www.ana.co.jp/int/checkin/rak...pet_120723.pdf Has to be read to be believed...

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...pted=newvispop

You can contact their cargo offices in Tokyo or Osaka direct, contact info here; http://www.baworldcargo.com/stations/index.jsp

The rules for bringing pets into the UK relaxed somewhat this year, so as long as you cats have the right jabs up to date, and your vet makes a certificate in English (You can download and use the EU model certificate on the DEFRA website) it's not difficult to do by yourself.

Agencies I spoke to in Japan last year were absolutely f**in' clueless. I had to tell them what they needed to do, and ended up thinking 'Why bother? I'll do it myself'.
        Last edited by rei; 2012-10-31, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Cheers buddy!

Re-read the BA cargo thing again thats all in bold and realised its only Heathrow and Gatwick that cannot handle public bookings for cargo flights, so booking through Narita should be fine. Will call them tomorrow and see what the deal is!

Thanks again for the reply - will update with my progress in case anyone else gets a ridiculous quote from some joker asking for nearly 5000 quid to ship a couple of cats from one place to another!!

Comment

Working...
          X