Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Popular magazines for advertising very expensive classic cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popular magazines for advertising very expensive classic cars

Hi all, first post here...

I'm in the process of getting a Yahoo Auction site up and running with some exotic classic race cars that are currently in the UK, but obviously can be shipped anywhere in the world. The Yahoo site is just an on-going thing and am unlikely to make any sales from it, but it's good to have it there with all the info/photos etc.

But what my client is after now is me pricing up some advertising space in the best motoring magazines in Japan. I only ever buy magazines like Option, and Drift Tengoku, so I'm not really aware of the more upper class publications. Can anyone give me some names of the most popular motorsport/motoring magazines in Japan? I know the UK magazine "Motor Sport" is sold in some shops like Maruzen etc. but ideally looking for Japanese only publications.

Thanks in advance guys

James

Originally posted by hachirokuotaku View Post

I'm in the process of getting a Yahoo Auction site up and running with some exotic classic race cars that are currently in the UK, but obviously can be shipped anywhere in the world. The Yahoo site is just an on-going thing and am unlikely to make any sales from it, but it's good to have it there with all the info/photos etc.

But what my client is after now is me pricing up some advertising space in the best motoring magazines in Japan. I only ever buy magazines like Option, and Drift Tengoku, so I'm not really aware of the more upper class publications. Can anyone give me some names of the most popular motorsport/motoring magazines in Japan? I know the UK magazine "Motor Sport" is sold in some shops like Maruzen etc. but ideally looking for Japanese only publications.

Thanks in advance guys

James
    I'm assuming you go to a shop to buy your drift magazines. Next time you're there, why not look for yourself? If you're going to have to find out how much advertising costs, you'll need to make phone calls and use some pretty proficient Japanese. Surely someone with such ability could go to a bookstore and find out which magazines are aimed at the upper-class car buying market.

Comment

That would work...If I wasn't in England at the moment...

Comment

Thanks in advance guys

James
        How expensive are you talking? If they are REALLY expensive, then I can connect you with the right person.

Comment

F40 LM, Dino's, CSL racecars, 250 GT's etc. Really expensive stuff!

Comment

Thanks in advance guys

James
            Have you tried asking Google. Tons of information there like this:
            http://www.fujisan.co.jp/product/824/

or this
            http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%AB%98%E7...B4%9A%E8%BB%8A

or this
            http://kebataki-clefs.com/magazine/

PS: I tossed you a bone. Maybe they're useless leads, maybe they'll turn out to be productive ones. Don't know anything about cars. But seriously, if you want run with the big boys and sell high performance motor vehicles in the Japanese market, then you'd better pick up your game. If you're smart enough to sell these types of cars, you should be smart enough to figure out on your own how to reach your potential market. Otherwise, your client is in for a big surprise when he reaches the end of the yellow brick road.
            Last edited by anjlowes; 2012-11-02, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Smart people make others do the work for them LOL

Seriously though, thanks for the links. Will have a look. Obviously I could have Google'd but thought there might be car enthusiasts here with real life info...Cheers mate

Comment

Smart people make others do the work for them LOL

Seriously though, thanks for the links. Will have a look. Obviously I could have Google'd but thought there might be car enthusiasts here with real life info...Cheers mate
                You can lead a horse to water, but if it's too stupid to figure out how to drink on its own, all you're left with is one stupid horse.
                Last edited by anjlowes; 2012-11-02, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Never heard that saying before. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X