Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Beaches in Japan. Not Okinawa.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zmcnulty View Post
    Shimoda is pretty nice and relatively nearby Tokyo. I've never seen it crowded. There aren't any umi-no-ie there though, no dark gyaru with tattoos, no nampa, and no combinis near the beach. So you pretty much need to take your own fun down there (i.e. go with a group).

Doesn't seem popular with Japanese, maybe for the above reasons.
    It's also been heavily reported as one of the places that will get the highest tsunami when the Tokai earthquake happens. That probably doesn't help either.

Comment

There are some nice places (but often pebbly) at the 'back of Japan' Down from Nigata.
      Forget Zushi, Kamakura, etc. They are filthy all Summer and only made bearable by the thousands of hot girls in bikinis..
      Or maybe you SHOULD go to Kamakura...

I have been so disappointed in so many Japanese beaches I've pretty much given up. Everyone just leaves trash all over the place. Cigarette butts are the least of the problem.
      Weirdly enough one of the cleanest beaches near Tokyo is right in the bay, out on Odaiba. Despite all the ridiculous, strutting lifeguards there though you aren't allowed to 'swim'. But you can go and paddle around.

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
        Weirdly enough one of the cleanest beaches near Tokyo is right in the bay, out on Odaiba. Despite all the ridiculous, strutting lifeguards there though you aren't allowed to 'swim'. But you can go and paddle around.
        I wouldn't want to swim in the bay. I've seen people swimming in Osaka bay that got a bad rash once they got out.

Comment

Working...
        X