Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

PR Holders - Which line at Airport?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
    Aaaah, right, the Keibi boys. Yeah, they're just hired security guys.
    This idea they have here of geriatric "security guard" always makes me smile. Something like could only work in a country with a crime rate as low as Japan.
    Could you imagine these guys actually trying to grapple or catch a teenage shoplifter? lol!

Comment

Originally posted by yu_ominae View Post
      This idea they have here of geriatric "security guard" always makes me smile. Something like could only work in a country with a crime rate as low as Japan.
      Could you imagine these guys actually trying to grapple or catch a teenage shoplifter? lol!
      Indeed, so many of those pesky teenage shoplifters in the immigration control.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagual View Post
        There was a sign for 're-entry permit holders'. This was when I came back into the country in Feb.
        Same for me in March. In fact, if you merely wave your card or passport at a passing official and say "reentry", you go to that line. It had 2-3 people in it when I returned.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenski View Post
          Same for me in March. In fact, if you merely wave your card or passport at a passing official and say "reentry", you go to that line. It had 2-3 people in it when I returned.

Same if you're using the "Special Re-entry Permit" as per the updated immigration rules of under 1 year travel with passport and residence card?

Comment

Frowns,
            I think so. Ask immigration.

Comment

Originally posted by yu_ominae View Post
              Those guys are all former mid level government workers, ex police, etc. has beens that are given jobs that pay something to supplement their pensions, sort of a going away gift of 'please go away.'

Comment

Working...
              X