Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Traveling domestically as a foriegner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling domestically as a foriegner

Just a quick question, Currently in Japan on Visa Waiver Program, passport stamped for full 3 months (expires on 14th July), I'm thinking of checking out another part of Japan which would be easiest via a domestic flight, I'm assuming i just show them my passport and return ticket (that shows i return before VWP expires) and i won't have any problems?

Also which line do i go in when returning to Haneda? I'm going with a few friends who are all Japanese nationals so i obviously can't just follow them.

Thanks!

Um.. Domestic flights don't go through immigration.

When traveling domestically, you're just like any other Japanese person going from point a to point b --- you'll probably just need your passport for ID.

Comment

Domestic flights dont go through immigration, you just get out of the plane with your friends and pick up your luggage, thats it

At the counter just show your passport as ID and they will let you fly, there is no need to show visa info or expiry dates. They arent interested in that, they just want to make sure that the person who booked the ticket, is the one standing in front of them.

Comment

One of the most tautologically stupid questions ever to grace this site.

Absolutely mind boggling how retarded perfectly nice people can get whilst in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by naoneo View Post
          J

Also which line do i go in when returning to Haneda? I'm going with a few friends who are all Japanese nationals so i obviously can't just follow them.
          No, don't follow them, they'll lead you to ruin.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post

Absolutely mind boggling how retarded perfectly nice people can get whilst in Japan.
            Amen brother (and we've had some pretty r-tarded questions on here).
            Fred

Comment

Hee, hee, hee. Speaking of messed up language... wait, that was archaic on purpose? Modern usage? Wha?

Sometimes I don't even know what I'm thinking while on gaijinpot.

Comment

Is whilst archaic? It is definitely arch, and yes, it was on purpose

Comment

Is whilst archaic? It is definitely arch, and yes, it was on purpose
                  Actually, whilst is newer than while. Obviously, 6810 ain't no Brit nor, err, you fill in the blank.

Comment

Originally posted by naoneo View Post
                    Traveling domestically as a foriegner!
                    would that make you foriegnorant??? or a foriegnoramus???

Is foriegnoranimus even a word?? ....it should be!!

Comment

Thank you ENF, Tokyo_Dom, to everyone else, Not even sure what to say except wow..
                      While it may well be "r-tarded" to you, It's the first time I've ever done a domestic flight while in another country other than North Korea a few years ago, and that was a complete nightmare, so I figured I'd ask to make sure, I'd have done the same were it any other foreign country, not just Japan.

But thanks anyway, I've been completely reminded of why I came here in the first place.

Comment

Wow! What was the domestic flight in North Korea like? Not many foreigners (or even North Koreans, I imagine) have done one. Genuine question.

Comment

Working...
                        X