Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

A Question About The Pasmo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question About The Pasmo

Hey guys,

I do a heavy amount of traveling between Sangenjaya and Gaienmae and am considering buying a monthly Pasmo between the 2 stations.

My question is, is it possible to add money to the monthly Pasmo such that I can use it to go further and pay the balance of the remaining charge for the additional distance ?

For example, I often have to go to Ginza. If I were able to add money to the monthly Pasmo, then I would travel to Gaienmae for free and then pay the balance of the costs between Gaienmae and Ginza.

Is this possible ?

Thanks !

Originally posted by Max Payne View Post
    Hey guys,

I do a heavy amount of traveling between Sangenjaya and Gaienmae and am considering buying a monthly Pasmo between the 2 stations.

My question is, is it possible to add money to the monthly Pasmo such that I can use it to go further and pay the balance of the remaining charge for the additional distance ?

For example, I often have to go to Ginza. If I were able to add money to the monthly Pasmo, then I would travel to Gaienmae for free and then pay the balance of the costs between Gaienmae and Ginza.

Is this possible ?

Thanks !
    yeah you just top it up like normal

Comment

Originally posted by Max Payne View Post
      To make sure : The pass is only valid to Gaienmae. If you continue to Ginza, you have to pay for a completely new ticket between Gaienmae and Ginza, not just the difference in price between (Sangenjaya and Ginza) minus (Sangenjaya and Gaienmae).

Comment

if it is of any interest to you, the price of a monthly train pass is equal to about 17.5 round trips at full price.

Comment

How often do you go to Ginza? And is it for work (they are paying)?

If it's often enough get a pass between Sangenjaya and Ginza - you can get off at any point in between.

Comment

Working...
          X