Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

[ŏؖ or ېŐڏ for immigration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ŏؖ or ېŐڏ for immigration?

I have always submitted two tax forms for my visa extensions and they have always accepted them never saying that one of them wasn't needed.

The [ŏؖ (Tax Paid Certificate. Always has the city tax and prefectural tax at the top) & the ېŐڏ (Tax Declaration Certificate. Has a breakdown of earned income, exemptions and deductions).

However I believe technically only one of them is required for the visa extension. Specifically the tax paid certificate ([ŏؖ).

Does anyone know which form it is exactly and if the same form or both of them are required for the PR application?

Originally posted by Japan 9.0 View Post
    I have always submitted two tax forms for my visa extensions and they have always accepted them never saying that one of them wasn't needed.

The [ŏؖ (Tax Paid Certificate. Always has the city tax and prefectural tax at the top) & the ېŐڏ (Tax Declaration Certificate. Has a breakdown of earned income, exemptions and deductions).

However I believe technically only one of them is required for the visa extension. Specifically the tax paid certificate ([ŏؖ).

Does anyone know which form it is exactly and if the same form or both of them are required for the PR application?
    When I did mine they wanted both and they wanted them for the last three years (I'd only taken the most recent ones and just had my year-end tax statements and residents' tax payment receipts for the other years). You absolutely must have the [ŏؖ apparently but they asked for the ېŐڏ as well. I think it may depend on the immigration officer since whenever I've been they all seem to ask for something different. So anyway, I ended up paying 1,800 at the ward office for 6 tax documents altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Bowtruckle View Post
      When I did mine they wanted both and they wanted them for the last three years (I'd only taken the most recent ones and just had my year-end tax statements and residents' tax payment receipts for the other years). You absolutely must have the [ŏؖ apparently but they asked for the ېŐڏ as well. I think it may depend on the immigration officer since whenever I've been they all seem to ask for something different. So anyway, I ended up paying 1,800 at the ward office for 6 tax documents altogether.
      Last three years? lol That's not normal. I've given just the previous year's [ŏؖ before. I even submitted just my 򒥎 before and they were cool with it. But they seem to have stepped things up a bit so I've been submitting both forms to give them no reason to have me return to city hall.

Comment

Originally posted by Japan 9.0 View Post
        Last three years? lol That's not normal. I've given just the previous year's [ŏؖ before. I even submitted just my 򒥎 before and they were cool with it. But they seem to have stepped things up a bit so I've been submitting both forms to give them no reason to have me return to city hall.
        I'm not sure if they're stepping things up or whether I just got unlucky this time when I went to renew my working visa, but the guy I saw wanted all kinds of things that I'd never needed before, including receipts for payment of this (last) year's resident tax bill which I hadn't even received yet, despite me taking in receipts for the previous three years. I'd never actually needed the [ŏؖ before since I had the actual receipts but this time I did, and wanting evidence of payment of a tax bill before one has actually received it seemed pretty damned unfair to me, especially when you can't really get angry.

I got a different person for my PR application and she was actually much less nit-picky, in a way I might even say that the PR application was easier than the working visa. Nevertheless, even though I had my newly paid [ŏؖ etc. from this year from the ward office, and the actual receipts of payment of both residents' tax and income tax from the past three years, the lady still wanted the [ŏؖ for the previous 2 years as well and gave me an addressed envelope to put the documents in. As I said, I ended up spending a fair amount to get these documents. My own (totally unfounded) theory is that since I don't have to pay re-entry anymore they're trying to get me in other ways....

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Bowtruckle View Post
          I'm not sure if they're stepping things up or whether I just got unlucky this time when I went to renew my working visa, but the guy I saw wanted all kinds of things that I'd never needed before, including receipts for payment of this (last) year's resident tax bill which I hadn't even received yet, despite me taking in receipts for the previous three years. I'd never actually needed the [ŏؖ before since I had the actual receipts but this time I did, and wanting evidence of payment of a tax bill before one has actually received it seemed pretty damned unfair to me, especially when you can't really get angry.

I got a different person for my PR application and she was actually much less nit-picky, in a way I might even say that the PR application was easier than the working visa. Nevertheless, even though I had my newly paid [ŏؖ etc. from this year from the ward office, and the actual receipts of payment of both residents' tax and income tax from the past three years, the lady still wanted the [ŏؖ for the previous 2 years as well and gave me an addressed envelope to put the documents in. As I said, I ended up spending a fair amount to get these documents. My own (totally unfounded) theory is that since I don't have to pay re-entry anymore they're trying to get me in other ways....
          Ah so maybe I should get three years of docs so they can't pull that stuff on me lol Submit this year's docs then if he/she says, "Oh we need your previous 2 years" then I peep into my bag and say, "Oh looky here! I just happen to have them!. Whatcha gonna say now B?!" :P

Congrats on your PR. Envious.

Comment

Working...
          X