Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Shinsei Bank = no idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinsei Bank = no idea

Anyone tried to accept transfers from other people to their Shinsei accounts?

Sometimes it works.. sometimes it doesn't.

Call them up.. check which details should be used (names confuse them no end.. katakana or romaji.. and those f* up foreigner names.. so baffling..)
    so they say to use ONLY full sized katakana.. only that will work...

so we do that..
    no.. that fails...
    so we call them AGAIN and they say katakana OR romaji will work..
    so we try that...
    no..

Fools in their offices.. no idea.. hopeless.

600 hundred security questions/codes/automated security systems make the whole thing even more of a waste of time and farcical..

Give them a BIG miss.

About 50% of people trying to send me money via Shinsei get rejected.
    I tell them to use different combinations... First name first, first name last etc.
    Should be no katakana involved on my account.
    On my card it has FIRST NAME LAST NAME.
    That's how it should be entered right?

Have often assumed the sender doesn't know what they are doing, but it happens too often.

Comment

Very strange. I have no problems, people send money to my account quite often, First name, last name (in romanji) like it is on my account, and no problems. No katakana.

Comment

Originally posted by BackDoor_Man View Post
        Very strange. I have no problems, people send money to my account quite often, First name, last name (in romanji) like it is on my account, and no problems. No katakana.
        Seconded.

I think it's one of those "fit-in-problems", where the foreigners insist on writing their names in katakana to the official docs. Don't do it. Your name is not スチーブ or デビト for that matter.

Though, the ridiculous security system IS ridiculous.

Comment

Personally, I've never had a problem getting paid into my Shinsei account from different employers or getting money transferred in from abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by Trichophyton-in-my-pants View Post
            Seconded.

I think it's one of those "fit-in-problems", where the foreigners insist on writing their names in katakana to the official docs. Don't do it. Your name is not スチーブ or デビト for that matter.

Though, the ridiculous security system IS ridiculous.
            It wasn't a "fit-in-problem"...

we called Shinsei, told them transfers (not all - just some, randomly) were getting rejected and asked them how to solve it...

the fool there told us that romaji would not work and only ALL full sized katakana would work..

another fool has since told us that wasn't true and that EITHER full sized katakana OR romaji (first name - last name) should work.

There isn't one genuine switched on problem solver amongst them.

Comment

Shinsei have called and said they found where they rejected an incoming transfer attempt (there was actually at least five).

They said they rejected it because ONE katakana character was missing.

They say they sent the sender a "telegram" (WTF?) advising them of the error.

The sender received nothing.

Shinsei suck donkey balls.

Comment

Login to your Shinsei internet banking. Go to the part for a furikomi and it shows your name ("Remitter"). Your name should be exactly that, nothing more, nothing less.

I've never had any trouble yet I've always made sure to use exactly that.

Comment

That problem is not exclusive to Shinsei. I remember I also had a bounced transaction at Citibank when I made a transfer to XYZ bank and not XYZ ginko as their system required.
                  Keep in mind that anti-money-laundering and PEPs (Politically Exposes Person) get more attentions these days.

Comment

The person trying to send you money has to write your name EXACTLY as it is written on your Shinsei ATM card. Look at the card. Does it say something like JIMBOB JONES?

The person trying to send you money has to enter JIMBOB JONES. All caps, first name then last name.

When you are sending money to someone with an account at almost any other bank, you can usually enter the bank, branch, and account number and have the accountholder's name come up automatically for you to verify. Shinsei doesn't do that. More secure, but more of a hassle.

Comment

I haven't had a problem with them. I have it linked to my paypal account and used katakana for the name. I've also sent and received money domestically the same way.

It's funny you bring up these issues, however. When I opened my account with them they talked for about 30 minutes to make sure that I was ok with opening the account. They would not stop talking about complaints and that I had to understand that even though foreigners use the bank, it's a Japanese bank, blah blah blah. I guess they get way too many complaints for their own good. The only reason I opened an account with them is because they did not have a requirement of Japanese residency.

Comment

Originally posted by mids View Post
                        I haven't had a problem with them. I have it linked to my paypal account and used katakana for the name. I've also sent and received money domestically the same way.

It's funny you bring up these issues, however. When I opened my account with them they talked for about 30 minutes to make sure that I was ok with opening the account. They would not stop talking about complaints and that I had to understand that even though foreigners use the bank, it's a Japanese bank, blah blah blah. I guess they get way too many complaints for their own good. The only reason I opened an account with them is because they did not have a requirement of Japanese residency.
                        Yes...
                        they would want to make sure you know that they are happy to accept your deposits.. but they don't want to hear your complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by hennagaijin View Post
                          Yes...
                          they would want to make sure you know that they are happy to accept your deposits.. but they don't want to hear your complaints.
                          Just open an account at another bank.
                          The only reason I opened one at Shinsei was because I couldn't open one anywhere else at the time.

Comment

I agree with most posters...you need to have your details entered EXACTLY. One error and it won't go. That's note just a Shinsei thing, all banks here will be the same. I had a similar problem sending money as the person who I was trying to send to didn't give me the details exactly. So, no point slamming Shinsei...in fact I'm sure you are with Shinsei as they offer ENGRISH services...I don't know of a bank in Japan that will offer native ENGLISH. Even western banks are starting to offshore their phone services so either enter the account details correctly or don't use banks!

Comment

Working...
                            X