Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

JP Office refuse to accept old Alien Registration Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP Office refuse to accept old Alien Registration Card

Yep, tried sending some money back to Australia at the local Post Office.

The manager refused to accept my Alien Registration Card, valid till 2014 as ID.

He presented the pamphlet from the Government of Japan about the card change in July and said he would only accept the new cards as ID when sending money overseas.

Sometimes I don't like Japan.

Tell the fart to go back to high school and get a new pair of glasses because those cards are still very valid indeed. Tell him that he should stop using government issued notices as toilet paper and actually read them. Maybe you can look for the specific part that stipulates when they are effectively not usable anymore. Alternatively show your passport as ID, I have not found anywhere that does not accept it as ID. If they refuse that then go to another JP office walking out of the office with the middle finger high in the sky as a hailing salute.

Comment

Originally posted by speedboat View Post
      The manager refused to accept my Alien Registration Card, valid till 2014 as ID.
      He presented the pamphlet from the Government of Japan about the card change in July and said he would only accept the new cards as ID when sending money overseas.
      As far as I know, those cards are valid until they run out. The system started ( without flaw, ahem, oops, except at the airport, ahem, on the first day ) in July and we are required to change them when we go to renew our visas and / or the date on the card is up.....

Comment

The manager does not understand the law properly. Show him the section about Alien registration certificates for mid- to long-term residents will be deemed, for a certain period, to be equivalent to the resident card.

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/newimmiact_1/en/point_3-4.html#anchor-point4

But he probably won't listen because like most J-men, he's a pig-headed idiot.

Comment

You could waste your breath trying to prove him wrong or just walk up a few streets to the next psot and save yourself some stress.

Comment

I just show them my driver's licence.

Comment

Went to another Post Office, same thing, refused to accept old ID card. Had to return the next day with a Water bill as proof I resided in Japan and then they sent the money.

Comment

Look at the post office's website

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/service...n/ichiran.html

It says...

平成24年7月9日以降、外国人登録証明書(在留カード又は特別永住者証明書とみなすものを含みます。)を {人確認書類として使用することはできなくなりました フで、ご注意ください。

However, I wonder if such a policy is legal. IMO, it should be from 2015年7月9日以降

So, you should use something else like your passport rather than arguing the legality of their rule.
                Last edited by Since1990; 2012-09-06, 09:28 AM.

Comment

The funny thing is that on July 9th, 2012, practically no one would have had the Zairyu card on that day!

Comment

Originally posted by Since1990 View Post
                    The funny thing is that on July 9th, 2012, practically no one would have had the Zairyu card on that day!

The really funny thing is just how much of a run for the title of Stupidest F'in Numbnutters Japanese officialdumb gives the US and the French.

Whadda bunch of maroons.

Where else could you find a bunch of retards that bothered to find out the rule changed, but didn't bother to find out what those changes were.

Actually, I think this one might even outdo US Customs and Immigration.

And those guys are some special stoopid.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
                      The really funny thing is just how much of a run for the title of Stupidest F'in Numbnutters Japanese officialdumb gives the US and the French.

Whadda bunch of maroons.

Where else could you find a bunch of retards that bothered to find out the rule changed, but didn't bother to find out what those changes were.

And those guys are some special stoopid.
                      So, the TSA DID anally probe you the last time you went to Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post

Geez, That's a toughie. US Immi officers are the biggest ______s I've ever met in officialdom. And I've had a Chinese Immi officer throw my passport at me and grunt!

Comment

Originally posted by HarderFasterBaby View Post
                          Geez, That's a toughie. US Immi officers are the biggest ______s I've ever met in officialdom.

Bar none.

Originally posted by HarderFasterBaby View Post
                          And I've had a Chinese Immi officer throw my passport at me and grunt!

Yes, but that is what passes for manners in public in China. Most Americans are actually rather well mannered much of the time, and yet, Fat Clem or Hippo Hips Shateequa of US Immigration is the first impression most visitors to the US get.

They are the most ignorant, fattest and stupidest ____roaches in all of human officialdumb.

I am a Canadian, live near the border, and I am always disgusted by their lack of civility, subliterate speech, general mental torpidity, not to mention their physical repulsiveness.

If I didn't know better, based on my dealings with them, I would think Americans are an evolutionary dead-end.

Comment

Here's an English language message from a post office about them not accepting the 外国人登録証明書 any longer...

We'll there goes my ability to pick up packages late at night from my post office for a few years til I change my visa and get a Zairyu card. Which is most unfortunate as I work til way past the redelivery time every night so I guess I'll only be able to get items on Sundays.

Comment

What post office was that? They are obviously confused about the actual law.

Comment

Working...
                              X