Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

New password - Shinsei PowerCall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New password - Shinsei PowerCall

I got my cash card a few weeks ago at a Shinsei bank along with my self chosen PIN code. I tried to get cash from the ATM recently- it said "wrong PIN". Now I got the letter to activate my internet banking and I have to put in my PIN, but it also doesn't work. I'm actually very sure about my PIN but for some reason it's not working.
    Anyway, problem now is, that I need a new PIN. At the homepage they tell me to call Shinsei Powercall and then they will resend me a letter with a temporary PIN. BUT...there is no option for that at the Powercall, only changing PIN (which of course doesn't work..). Also it says they cannot do the whole stuff at the bank itself.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Originally posted by Nepia View Post
    I got my cash card a few weeks ago at a Shinsei bank along with my self chosen PIN code. I tried to get cash from the ATM recently- it said "wrong PIN". Now I got the letter to activate my internet banking and I have to put in my PIN, but it also doesn't work. I'm actually very sure about my PIN but for some reason it's not working.
    Anyway, problem now is, that I need a new PIN. At the homepage they tell me to call Shinsei Powercall and then they will resend me a letter with a temporary PIN. BUT...there is no option for that at the Powercall, only changing PIN (which of course doesn't work..). Also it says they cannot do the whole stuff at the bank itself.

Phone them.
    It cant be a unique problem.

Shinsei are tossers, though.. you can expect a wait and a lot of time wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by hennagaijin View Post
      Phone them.
      It cant be a unique problem.

Shinsei are tossers, though.. you can expect a wait and a lot of time wasted.
      Funny you should say that. Just got off the phone after an extended tossing session with them. Amazing how something as simple as an account name can be made so convoluted. Not a good start at all - Has to be better than my Farmer's Bank for a lot of things all the same. At least I hope so.

Comment

Maybe you just entered the wrong pin or different pin when you signed up in the first place. I've met many people (and have done things myself) where I was "absolutely 100% sure I did X" but later turns out I really did "Y".

Did you actually talk to someone at powercall? Just call them and talk to someone first, sounds like you were listening to the automatic system, it's not that hard to actually speak with a representative on the phone.

Comment

Can't remember exactly, but I think you need to log in the online bank to activate it. I think I did it at one of the Shinsei offices years back. For that, you need the pin, a password, and the keycard. It's an idiotic system, and I've spent many a moon on the phone with various idiotic problems, like them locking my account after my visa ran out or something like that. Of course I had an extension already, but.... ____, that incident almost left me stranded in the sticks.

Comment

Yes.

Shinsei suck hairy balls.

Comment

I've been with them for seven years, and never had anything other than great service from them myself.

Comment

thank you for your answers!
                I only need a bank account for my baito to send me the money, that's all actually. There is not really a reason to change to another bank for me.
                I want to call them directly, but I only get into the automatic system, where can I find the number where actually an english speaking staff picks up and talks to me?

Comment

0120 456858

The "contact us" button opens doors...

Comment

I never had a problem with Shinsei. Like any company, you have some folks that like it and some folks who don't like it. Not many banks in Japan aside from Citibank offer services in English.

Comment

thank you for your answers!
                      I only need a bank account for my baito to send me the money, that's all actually. There is not really a reason to change to another bank for me.
                      I want to call them directly, but I only get into the automatic system, where can I find the number where actually an english speaking staff picks up and talks to me?
                      Shinsei is generally a decent bank, except for receiving domestic bank transfers. They are not fully integrated into the system so you have to get account names EXACTLY correct when sending to a Shinsei account, rather than just inputting the account number and the ATM pulls the account name electronically.

They'd be the LAST choice I'd make if the main reason is to receive domestic transfers. I have never had a domestic transfer to a Shinsei account go through on the first try.

Comment

well well like others said, some like and some don't. I'm glad they have english service and they don't charge anything for the account and withdrawals/deposits.
                        I can't say yet if the transactions work or not, basically only my baito needs to send me money, I just go the ATM and get it. We'll see if it works.
                        Otherwise I can still go to another bank and make an account.
                        I'll try calling them now and then tell you how it was

Comment

Working...
                        X