Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Resona bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resona bank

my new employer made me sign up for an account with Resona bank, although they didn't have any info in english on the account, i'm a little bit suspisious!
    any idea how much the monthly charge is on that account?

Originally posted by miramira View Post
    my new employer made me sign up for an account with Resona bank, although they didn't have any info in english on the account, i'm a little bit suspisious!
    any idea how much the monthly charge is on that account?
    For an ordinary passbook no monthly charge, the usual ATM fees same as all the other japanese banks: free/105 for their own ATMs in/out hours, 105/210 for other ATMs.

Resona is a middle-of-the-road japanese bank, not really any better/worse than any of the others.

Comment

Hmmm... How much is your starting salary?

I have a gold card membership account with them, and every time I walk in, I get the full royal Japanese treatment...

Beautiful OL with a cup of tea; full use of their cafeteria including smoking room; use of their company car to my next appointment...

I can't understand why they treat you so badly... Hmmmm.....

Comment

A plus side to Resona bank is you can request a Visa branded debit card from them, one of the very few banks in Japan that do so. It's also tied to JAL Milagebank, so you can get JAL miles as well. Aside from Rakuten Bank, most other banks do not issue debit cards (outside the j-debit system).

Great when you need a yen based Visa card to use for ordering items but don't have a Japanese credit card. (A debit card can be used anywhere Visa credit cards are accepted, the only difference is that money is directly debited from your bank account vs a line of credit).
        Last edited by themoonrules; 2012-10-27, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X