Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

What Japanese things should my buddy sell on the internet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...then pet food it is!

Comment

Salmon for sushi in Japan...

Comment

Pet food for others...

Comment

Originally posted by speedboat View Post
          Pet food for others...
          I'd eat that.

I overheard 2 backpacking Europeans in a supermarket in Oz once arguing over whether or not 'Smako's' was for human consumption...
          I hope they bought it.

Comment

You can't just buy a bunch of random stuff and expect to sell it. That's a pretty easy way to LOSE money, actually.

Does your buddy have any specific interests that involve specialized knowledge?

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
              I agree. But he doesn't like the whole manga, panties stuff..(he's a bit odd I guess)
              Also, those panties aren't as easy to come by as they used to be you know...

He's into motorbikes... but I imagine that market is pretty well flooded..maybe. I dunno.

Thanks all,
              any more ideas welcome.
              Motorbikes and Automotive are a great export to the USA and other parts of the world. Great money, especially easy money selling to Australia and NZ, USA is only after the fact.

People pay 800-1600$ for engines that the car themselves went at auction for only 400-1k at best.

If your friend could open up a nice shop to part out Japanese motorcycles and cars and gets a good rate on shipping, he can retire easily by online sales.

For example, I know for sure old Eunos Roadsters that are in "poorer" shape go for $500-1500. The engine alone from a 100,000 KM roadster would fetch $600 easyily, up to 1k if it's been marketed right and advertised in the right channels (even more if he gets a friend in california, which can recieve the engine and sell it from the states.) Older subaru impreza body parts, and mechanicals alone go for great money. Rotary parts from the RX7...

It's great, but it requires quite a bit of liquid in the bank (atleast 10,000 USD), land, warehouse and knowledge of how to disassemble cars.
              The later comes with experience and money, but the money itself is most important. If you have the money you can start this easily.

That's what I would do if I got into japan. Also exporting japanese cars. A honda beat can be had easily for 3k, and it'd retail in Canada (legally!) for 7-9K USD. USA around the same though they are not legal for USA (but can be imported.) The complete import car from Japan to Canada = Great.

Tell your friend to follow his dedication, the mark of an succesful entrepreneur is one that values his time at nothing and therefore is able to launch a business from the ground with nothing but his brawn, sweat and time invested.

Comment

Originally posted by Leehale
                i know when i was in japan. ( planing on going back very soon )
                i didnt have to work ( couldnt because i didnt have visa ) i did a at home business and lived very will off of it! and it was very easy. made more then enough living in japan.

so if your friend wants to do online business that'll be best way to do it , selling product is kind of if y

let me know if you have any questions
                I have a question.

WTF are you trying to say?

Comment

I agree. But he doesn't like the whole manga, panties stuff..(he's a bit odd I guess)
                  Or respectable.
                  I used sell those dolls many years ago. Good money at the time, around 500% markup.
                  Now with kids, not exactly the business to be in.
                  Daddy? What is that doll doing?

If he can find the proper contacts in China, Fetish shoes (PVC Boots and spiked stilettos) are still widely popular.
                  Esp. with the cross-dressing crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Chromedome View Post
                    I have a question.

WTF are you trying to say?
                    i was just saying thats the best way i can think of living in japan.. since its so damn hard geting a visa and get work down there

i am just saying the business i do anyone can do it, you dont need any schooling or anything its pretty easy.

its by far the best way to live in japan thats all

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxbox View Post
                      he should sell himself the idea of getting a new job before he decides he's going to be a successful entrepreneur. it's not as easy as he thinks, especially when he doesn't even know what he wants to sell, plus the american dollar is weak.

i'd tell him to get real and get a job and find a hot selling product in his downtime at work
                      AGREED! There's a lot of stuff being sold on Ebay and it's getting so bad that that Japanese goods can't compete.

Comment

Originally posted by Leehale View Post
                        i was just saying thats the best way i can think of living in japan.. since its so damn hard geting a visa and get work down there

i am just saying the business i do anyone can do it, you dont need any schooling or anything its pretty easy.

its by far the best way to live in japan thats all
                        If I send you a small deposit will you tell me what it is, or do you need credit card details?

Comment

This is actually a real question!
                          I was having a few beers with my buddy today (He's Japanese 25, quit his engineering job about 3 months ago)
                          I might have missed something, but is your friend residing in the USA or planning to?

If not, why wouldn't he import to Japan instead?

Importing would be a much better idea. If he's got money, tell him to go to one of the large trade shows either in China or the USA. It would be almost impossible to not find something worth importing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakameguro View Post
                            If I send you a small deposit will you tell me what it is, or do you need credit card details?
                            just send me an e-mail somedude241@hotmail.com or skype me Leland.hale

Comment

Originally posted by hml View Post
                              Used JK panties. <---real answer
                              Japanese girls wearing panties....

Comment

Working...
                              X