Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Applying for a Job in Japan from Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xFatalDMG View Post
    Thanks a lot guys, your input is greatly appreciated! I managed to actually get a few return emails from employers, but got turned down not because of my resume but just because the position had been filled.. So I'm still feeling very confident that it is possible!

I'll look into that Kagoshima position, but I'd like to be somewhat close to Tokyo. Is Fukuoka nearby at all?

I'm assuming that "WHV" is working holiday. I'll be frank, I can read Japanese but Kanji is an area where I still need time to grasp. Hirigana/Katakana I can read fluently. Speaking is more conversational but I'm working towards business level. It becomes a bit harder when you're not really IN Japan, but my Japanese friends help me greatly.
    Fukuoka is as near to Tokyo as Kagoshima!

Comment

Originally posted by xFatalDMG View Post
      I'll look into that Kagoshima position, but I'd like to be somewhat close to Tokyo. Is Fukuoka nearby at all?
      Check a map first. Reminds me of that funny story about the Japanese Tourists :

"Tel Aviv – Around 15 Japanese tourists involuntarily spent the night in an Israeli settlement in the West Bank because they were unable to pronounce the letter gLh, the Israeli daily Maariv reported Monday. The tour group were on an excursion originally set to take them to Afula in northern Israel. [near the UNESCO World Heritage side of Meggido].

But when they were buying tickets at the main bus station in Jerusalem, they pronounced the letter gLh like the letter gRh, and were accidentally given tickets for the Ofra settlement in the northern West Bank.

When they arrived later that evening at the high-security entrance to the settlement, the puzzled guard tried to explain that there was no gnearby hotelh in the crisis-torn region.

The tourists then had to stay in the settlement, which is a radical stronghold in the Palestinian territories.

After long explanations and a day later, they eventually took a bus to their original destination."

Comment

Working...
      X