Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Instructor visa is a curse??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're around. Just depends what you are willing to do for it heh

Comment

Originally posted by sideways_gun View Post
      I'm a girl Is it something about the way I write that makes people think I'm a man?
      My apologies. I'm from the old school where male pronouns are used whenever gender is unknown.

One place I applied to told me I'd be a great fit for the company but they don't handle changing visa status. And yet they sponsor visas for people coming from overseas =_= Perhaps it was empty praise.
      Sounds to me more like talking out of the side of their head. They sponsor or they don't. Shouldn't be any difference where you apply from.

Finding a second job that I can do in the evenings and that doesn't mind my Instructor status is going to be a pain in the arse!
      Is it the finding that is a pain, or finding one that doesn't care about your visa status? As for the latter, get special permission. Pretty straightforward, as I said.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenski View Post
        Is it the finding that is a pain, or finding one that doesn't care about your visa status? As for the latter, get special permission. Pretty straightforward, as I said.
        It's the finding one who doesn't care about my visa status. Honestly, I thought that the type of visa I ended up with wouldn't reeeeally matter in the short-term as long as it was teaching-related. I thought the employer would let it go, at least until visa renewal time when one would need to be renewing the right visa for their current occupation or else do the status change. I have drawn an incorrect conclusion from my internet research and also from the fact that I taught evening corporate classes THROUGH my dispatch agency while still working under them full time as an ALT. Was that illegal then?! :/

Do you know if it is possible to apply for special permission without having a job lined up for which the special permission is a necessity? If it IS possible, I'd better be on my way to Shinagawa last week!
        Last edited by sideways_gun; 2012-04-27, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways_gun View Post
          It's the finding one who doesn't care about my visa status.
          As I have said, you can keep the Instructor visa status and still do work outside of that field, whether it's teaching or anything else, as long as you get the special permission from immigration. Paperwork is usually just a formality.
          http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/te...hikakugai.html
          http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/te...hyorui/09.html

Honestly, I thought that the type of visa I ended up with wouldn't reeeeally matter in the short-term as long as it was teaching-related.
          Well, it does matter, but the permission is an easy get-around.

I have drawn an incorrect conclusion from my internet research and also from the fact that I taught evening corporate classes THROUGH my dispatch agency while still working under them full time as an ALT. Was that illegal then?! :/
          Technically, probably yes, but that's behind you now...right?

Do you know if it is possible to apply for special permission without having a job lined up for which the special permission is a necessity? If it IS possible, I'd better be on my way to Shinagawa last week!
          You can't ask for permission to do something without having the employer's description in hand, as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenski View Post

You can't ask for permission to do something without having the employer's description in hand, as far as I know.
            I see. Thank you, always, for the sound advice!

Comment

Working...
            X