Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Top

Collapse

can someone recommend modeling agencies?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • can someone recommend modeling agencies?

    I've got a friend who is wanting to come to Japan "I'm already here" to study Japanese, there's ZERO doubt in my mind that she could be a successful model, now that I've talked her into giving it a go we have to figure out the right avenue for her to go through. so I'm assuming she gets pictures made, and then we send them + resume to an agency? does anyone know the major agencies here, or who I could contact?

    My passion is bodybuilding, but I'm considering giving this a go as well during the months where I'm lean enough to have abs, she's willing to do whatever, but I am NOT willing to drop muscle or give up that weight gaining period in and around the winter months, and I know this will severely hurt my chances but, bodybuilding is my passion. So focus this thread on her, but if anyone knows any fitness modeling agencies, or agencies that don't mind someone like me list those as well, and please specify which one of us the agency is for when you write it. Thanks there are picture below but keep in mind her's are recent and mine are old, I did a real long bulk and will be at least 20lbs heavier at the same bf than these pictures.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    that's the best picture I have of myself :/ I'll try to get some more soon, my abs are just starting to show in good light, in about 2 months I should be in modeling condition AKA much leaner than that picture of me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Here you go:

      1. http://forum.gaijinpot.com/showthrea...=1#post1055208
      2. http://forum.gaijinpot.com/showthrea...=1#post1198152

      Comment


      • #4
        She looks like a vapid twatfart that couldn't suck a pea through a garden hose.

        Are "you as stupid" a retard as she is, or are you the smart one?

        Either way, "you both seem" like candiadates for the special olympics.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kurogane View Post
          She looks like a vapid twatfart that couldn't suck a pea through a garden hose.

          Are "you as stupid" a retard as she is, or are you the smart one?

          Either way, "you both seem" like candiadates for the special olympics.
          Ummm, that wasn't really called for. And honestly, I don't think models here are famous for looking like they just discovered the way to realize time travel. Vapid is often still the look 'du jour' as long as they're cute.

          OP, your friend is very pretty and she has a look that might sell here. The pictures are very unprofessional though and you would both do well to go to a studio back home to get professional ones done. It will be cheaper than getting them done here.

          Also. I don't know how easy it is to be a full time model as a foreigner here. Even I have done a bit of modeling. Got paid about 10,000 yen a day and that was about it. I don't like it much either. Famous Japanese models make quite a bit I'd guess but I've not seen a foreign model that dominates. When they want top models the J-fashion folks still seem to go to the foreign agencies. It might be worth asking to sign up to a local agency first.

          On modeling alone I don't think you can make enough. I hope you can prove me wrong though.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bella Bowtruckle View Post
            Ummm, that wasn't really called for. .

            Stupid people are better served being told they'e stupid before they forget that or worse, pretend to rise above their low station.

            She looks dumber than a load of bricks, and as he acknowledges he is a gym-tard, chances are he is too.


            And besides, my first off season job in Japan was modelling, and I am way uglier than all of you combined, except Kansai Ben.

            Just because subliterates think subliteracy is okay doesn't mean it is.

            If we keep driving the stupes away, we might get back to a happy place.

            But you were always nicer than you should be.

            Hardly a sin, that.

            PS I looked at dumbtard's pictures.

            You lost.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kurogane View Post
              Stupid people are better served being told they'e stupid before they forget that or worse, pretend to rise above their low station.

              She looks dumber than a load of bricks, and as he acknowledges he is a gym-tard, chances are he is too.


              And besides, my first off season job in Japan was modelling, and I am way uglier than all of you combined, except Kansai Ben.

              Just because subliterates think subliteracy is okay doesn't mean it is.

              If we keep driving the stupes away, we might get back to a happy place.

              But you were always nicer than you should be.

              Hardly a sin, that.

              PS I looked at dumbtard's pictures.

              You lost.
              I looked too. That's why I think she could get some jobs, him I'm not so sure, but I don't think either of them should be banking on a career of it. I'm not being nice, I'm just not being unnecessary nasty either.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bella Bowtruckle View Post
                I'm just not being unnecessary nasty either.
                If I didn't think it was necessary, I wouldn't have bothered.


                At any rate, he has a huge future as a bent over rent boy.

                And she can be his stupid androgynous friend.

                So at least we agree there's hope.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kurogane View Post
                  She looks like a vapid twatfart that couldn't suck a pea through a garden hose.

                  Are "you as stupid" a retard as she is, or are you the smart one?

                  Either way, "you both seem" like candiadates for the special olympics.
                  those weren't professional pictures ____ ____, just some random stuff. I was able to read a novel in Korean at 21 years old and now I'm working to get to the same place with japanese, I'm studying nutrition on the side trying to become competitive in bodybuilding, what do you do?? sit around and mope in your loneliness? wish that you had been more ambitious? I've worked my ___ off to get to where I am, so people like you can ____ off. here's a newer pic that I made, again, this was just for me and to show some of my bodybuilding friends, it wasn't intended for modeling, but you can see a more recent version of my body.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kurogane View Post
                    Stupid people are better served being told they'e stupid before they forget that or worse, pretend to rise above their low station.

                    She looks dumber than a load of bricks, and as he acknowledges he is a gym-tard, chances are he is too.


                    And besides, my first off season job in Japan was modelling, and I am way uglier than all of you combined, except Kansai Ben.

                    Just because subliterates think subliteracy is okay doesn't mean it is.

                    If we keep driving the stupes away, we might get back to a happy place.

                    But you were always nicer than you should be.

                    Hardly a sin, that.

                    PS I looked at dumbtard's pictures.

                    You lost.
                    you guys are obviously jealous. I may not be a genius but I've worked hard and achieved quite a bit, she on the other-hand is one of the smartest people that I have ever met. when she first started thinking about coming to japan she learned "reading and writing" over 600 kanji in about 3 weeks... how many people on here could have done that? I can read a full on korean novel, and could blast your asses in a nutrition fact show down, it may not be the kind of knowledge your after, but this is what makes me happy, so this is what I study.
                    I've been studying for about 3 months here and plan to finish the japanese program and MAYBE go to uni here.

                    but yea, we take care of ourselves so we must be SOOO STUPID... "HEY GUYS DIS GIES NOT FAAT!! HE'S NOT INTO ANIME!! SOO STUPID I GUESS IS HEE!" < this is what you sound like in your posts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bella Bowtruckle View Post
                      I looked too. That's why I think she could get some jobs, him I'm not so sure, but I don't think either of them should be banking on a career of it. I'm not being nice, I'm just not being unnecessary nasty either.
                      this is more for her, I would consider modeling "i've done a little before when I was smaller and leaner" but it's not what I want to make a career out of. I'm passionate about bodybuilding, and I'm actually working with a well known coach "online" who has about 6 pros right now, and investing a lot of money to make this happen. I know it's a long shot to make a career out of bodybuilding, and that's why I've studied other things. I've got quite a bit of money right now, "little over 100k" due to inheritance, which I plan on investing and may go into small-time real-estate if I go back to the US, me and my mom have talked about going in on it 50/50, but I want to be far more educated before I jump into that.

                      anyways, like I said, I have other goals and this wouldn't be a career for me, but I'm 100% sure that she could make it over here, I've got a friend who models for calvin klein and this girl is better looking IMO.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bella Bowtruckle View Post
                        Ummm, that wasn't really called for. And honestly, I don't think models here are famous for looking like they just discovered the way to realize time travel. Vapid is often still the look 'du jour' as long as they're cute.

                        OP, your friend is very pretty and she has a look that might sell here. The pictures are very unprofessional though and you would both do well to go to a studio back home to get professional ones done. It will be cheaper than getting them done here.

                        Also. I don't know how easy it is to be a full time model as a foreigner here. Even I have done a bit of modeling. Got paid about 10,000 yen a day and that was about it. I don't like it much either. Famous Japanese models make quite a bit I'd guess but I've not seen a foreign model that dominates. When they want top models the J-fashion folks still seem to go to the foreign agencies. It might be worth asking to sign up to a local agency first.

                        On modeling alone I don't think you can make enough. I hope you can prove me wrong though.
                        thanks man, good info. I must have rubbed people the wrong way in here, seems like there's a lot of bitter westerners living in asia... I noticed this in Korea too...
                        I've seen western models here but I have no idea how much they made, or what kind of work they did, but they were traveling together in a painted van. I'll look into the links and try to post in here if anything good happens.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          thanks!
                          ---------------

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Did Genkii hijack Kurogane's account? sjeesh what a jackass.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ignore the aggressive and abusive characters - responding to them only brings more.

                              Lots of foreigners here try to get in to modelling and acting.. I saw an agent's listing book once.. thousands of faces and bios..
                              There is work.. but more people want it than get it.. lots of time wasted on auditions..
                              not likely to make enough to support yourself...

                              My suggestion:
                              Try to come here on another visa and do some stable work..
                              try to break in to the modelling thing on the side...
                              (would be the same as in any other country maybe??)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X