Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

rear ended by a yakuza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silk
    my japanese is basic fluent kansaiben..
    this is kobe... the home of the yakuza... sigh.
    i was thinking to go into the main hyougo kenkei today as all i got last night were 2 young 'uns on their funny little bikes from the local popobox.

i was feeling sick and had a headache, as well as the fact my neck hurts... and they told me to go home and rest?
    i am not sure if it was the accident that gave me the headache or the constant questioning about toyota VS BMW.... they seem to think that if they ask me often enough, i will suddenly realise i was wrong and that it was indeed a black BMW.........

i have had several very different experiences with the popo...

a few years ago i was rear ended very badly while waiting in traffic at the expressway toll booth...
    the police were really kind and very efficient... they even let me come back the next day to give a statement because i was late for an appointment...

my son was involved in an accident bike/4x4 ... he was on the bike...
    the policeman who came to the scene was drunk.. and the whole thing following was a bit of a fusk-up

when my ex husband ran me over with my own car... well the popo was lacking in many ways... they spent hours trying to convince me that i should drop the whole issue... so badly trying to convince me that i really didnt even need to go to hospital..
    the domestic violence law had just changed and i think they really didnt know how to deal with it... or they didnt agree with it .. one or the other

japanese friends have had cars stolen and houses broken into and the popo didnt even come to see the crime scene, just told them to come in and make a report...

about a year ago i had my bag stolen and caught the girl who did it... the popo dealt with that in a very very good way... and a few weeks ago i was hittakuri and had my money stolen... the popo was helpful but very honest about probably not being able to do much about retrieving the money...

so there are good and bad... efficient and bumbling... probably like most other countries.
    Maybe you should start to take the train.

Comment

Originally posted by rubirosa
      Maybe you should start to take the train.
      hmmm get rear ended in a car, or raped on a train...? hard choice that one.
      fuggit i think i gonna buy a helicopter.

PS i know my run ins with the popo sound multitudinous... but remember i have lived here for 23 years...

Comment

fuggit i think i gonna buy a helicopter.
        Ok because it's you, I'm gonna do you a deal. It's a bit on the old side but it works and you won't be gettin' rear ended anytime soon. (Unless gorillas learn to fly)

PM me and we can talk prices...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nos 2.0
          Ok because it's you, I'm gonna do you a deal. It's a bit on the old side but it works and you won't be gettin' rear ended anytime soon. (Unless gorillas learn to fly)

PM me and we can talk prices...
          does it have a sunroof and a leedle light in the ashtray?

Comment

does it have a sunroof and a leedle light in the ashtray?
            Not a problem. We can sort those out. Think about it. It's eco-friendly to the point of being sexual. It's very, very green.

Greener than our "leedle" friend Jesus! in a whore house....

Comment

Not a problem. We can sort those out. Think about it. It's eco-friendly to the point of being sexual. It's very, very green.

Greener than our "leedle" friend Jesus! in a whore house....
              green huh? not the best colour for a vehicle. cant you paint it black or maybe put racing stripes on it?

youre the best... smiles is wot i need.

Comment

green huh? not the best colour for a vehicle. cant you paint it black or maybe put racing stripes on it?
                Racing stripes?!?

Who you gonna race? Give em an inch and they take a mile.....

You get one stripe. I've only got pink ones left. No body buys 'em.

Comment

Sounds like a ____i situation. Do you know anybody in the popo department? This would be the time to call and ask them to get involved. Also a lawyer. And put a bohan camera up in front of your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Derukugi
                    Sounds like a ____i situation. Do you know anybody in the popo department? This would be the time to call and ask them to get involved. Also a lawyer. And put a bohan camera up in front of your house.
                    ah there you are. i thought you left with the tea.
                    unfortunately i a devoid of popo friends. i do know the odd tattood _______... some of them quite high level.
                    but i would like to see what hyougo's finest is going to do first before i resort to alternative measures.

one has to at least give them a chance, i suppose.

Comment

Racing stripes?!?

Who you gonna race? Give em an inch and they take a mile.....

You get one stripe. I've only got pink ones left. No body buys 'em.
                      hmmmmmm one pink stripe? on a green helikobuta with a sunroof and a leedle light in the ashtray...
                      dang... sounds like an offer i cant refuse.

Comment

dang! dang! dang!

ewwwwwwww
                        i think i might just call some of my own friends in low places ....
                        this morning my phone has been ringing almost non stop with a variety of unknown numbers...
                        do they know where you live ?
                        anonymous calls..kowai!

honestly, i don't think those pops really want to deal with this issue...properly..that's why they kept asking stupid obvious questions over n over again..hoping you might get tired and change your statement ---that'd give them excuse to raise 'confusing statement' to go null.. i guess..

and your friends in low places...arrrgh! do you really want to go thru this kind of 'settlement' ?

not sure how 'low' they are...but..gotta be sure how 'scary' they are!

Comment

In Australia you could report it to the police but your insurance company would do the dirty work.

I was driving the car of a Japanese company in Australia with my Japanese boss and we were rear ended by a group of Italian guys from a panel beating shop. They were on their way to court because one of them was due to face some charges and they were driving a customer's car.

They were obviously in a hurry but bent over backwards to help and offered to repair our car at their yard. I'm sure they would have done a good job.
                          My boss was frustrated and unable to communicate in English. The fact that he preferred to get the car repaired through the company insurance was understandable but the fact that he was rude and pissed the Italian guys off was regrettable. He let his frustration get in the way of something that would have been easily negotiated by someone who was level headed and had a good grasp of the language.

Comment

move.......

Comment

How does insurance work in Japan?

You get rear ended by a car. It's not a crime. I can see why you would want to report it to the police but do you want them to do exactly?
                              The guys who ran into offered to fix it for you and have tried calling you but you don't communicate with them and insist on getting the police to do... what?

Again, if it was Australia you would get in contact with your insurance company and give them the details of the car and the details of the person who ran into you. You would ask for their advice.
                              The most likely next step would be to arrange to get your car repaired and you send the bill for repairs to the person who caused the damage. They can elect to pay cash or to pay through their insurer. End of story.

Having rear ended a number of cars I'm fairly familiar with this process. I paid every time out of my own pocket. If someone had tried to get the police onto me I would have thought they were stupid.

Comment

I think as long as the Blue Boys don't tell them where you live or your name (you didn't give them that I hope) you will be ok. Maybe call them and 'remind' them not to give it out.

SOL- Is that the car you just got?

Maybe a trip to the Marianas on your catamaran would be a good idea right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X