Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Did you know that by November this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know that by November this year

All of those who live and work in Japan will be forced to give your fingerprints when you enter Japan after a holiday, not after leaving permanently? A video has even been made by the Japanese Govt and you can see it on www.____edgaijin.com/forums

Go to the news forum and on pg 2 the latest update is given by a guy called Mulboyne, which is a link to an official video.

When I was there it was mooted and everyone I knew (gaijin that is) quite rightly were pissed off. It's one thing to fingerprint people coming for a holiday or whatever - it's another thing to treat your resident gaijin population engaging in lawful activities like working and having a residence in Japan as if they're are deserving of this.

What a load of discriminatory bull! The US does NOT fingerprint and take scans of people such as you (and such as I was) who are actual residents of Japan. The Japanese govt is spinning their old bull____ that the US does it so we will. But the US does it to visitors or people on very limited visas like working holiday, I think.

I would be insulted to be treated like that if I was still living and working in Japan. The only gaijin residents exempted are the 'special' ones - ie the Japanese who have Korean ancestry. Makes me think that while my employer owns my visa and there's some issues with foreigners in Korea, this kind of xenophobia in Japan is pretty rotten and very hypocritical.

The propaganda keeps talking about 'visitors' being fingerprinted and scanned but it's actuall you, too, who are living there and paying for this system.

A certain company, Accenture i think it is, has made hundreds of millions of yen on consulting on this project. This isn't about security, it is about fleecing the tax payer with techno non solutions to non problems.

Next they will be putting a chip in everyone that comes in to track them.

If the Japanese police's track record is anything to go by we can probably expect this data to be up on file sharing within a couple of months.

We should all hassle our embassies and write to newspapers in our own countries. Though no doubt embassy staff will be exempt, so they probably won't give a sh!t, the predictable answer will be "Don't rock the boat".

Maybe it is a job for Craig Murray.

Comment

Just remember to play with super-glue or nail varnish before getting on the plane. Immigration will then come to realise they were right all along, all foreigners are the same and even have the same fingerprints.

Comment

My biggest worry is if they decide not to let those of use with re-entry permits use the Japanese passport line anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hijinx
          My biggest worry is if they decide not to let those of use with re-entry permits use the Japanese passport line anymore.
          Actually I never use the Japanese line..the line for "non Japanese passport holders" always looks shorter with more staff checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardo
            Actually I never use the Japanese line..the line for "non Japanese passport holders" always looks shorter with more staff checking.

It looks shorter, but the J-line moves much, much faster in my experience. Sure, if I'm the first person in the foreign line, then I go for it, but the last time I used it, there was like some Philippine women with all her kids passports and she hadn't filled out the form correctly--I watched about 20 Japanese go through in their line before the one woman was done before me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hijinx
              It looks shorter, but the J-line moves much, much faster in my experience. Sure, if I'm the first person in the foreign line, then I go for it, but the last time I used it, there was like some Philippine women with all her kids passports and she hadn't filled out the form correctly--I watched about 20 Japanese go through in their line before the one woman was done before me.
              Just goes to show you. Never get in line behind a Filipina with a bunch of kids.

Comment

Its always a bit dodgy arriving just after the Iran Air flight ...always advisable to use the Japanese line then.

Comment

Originally posted by caramellocap
                  What a load of discriminatory bull! The US does NOT fingerprint and take scans of people such as you (and such as I was) who are actual residents of Japan.
                  Yes they do,
                  JFK international airport does. Not only do they take my wifes fingerprints they take her picture too. They have for the past 3 years, and I'm almost posotive the Detroit airport also does it.
                  Besides whats the big deal. They use that laser kind it's not like they ink you up takes 2 seconds. I think its a small price to pay for security of a nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardo
                    Its always a bit dodgy arriving just after the Iran Air flight ...always advisable to use the Japanese line then.
                    You mean that 1970's era 747 from Tehran via Beijing......

Yeah......

I bet that flight gets a good once, twice, ah shucks, just "moshiwake-go-____ yourself & go home now!" - on a rather routine basis by the Nartia Immigration and Customs brownshirts.

Comment

All International airports in America scan fingerprints and take photos of incoming aliens. Reciprocity's a ______, ain't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Redrum
                        Besides whats the big deal. They use that laser kind it's not like they ink you up takes 2 seconds. I think its a small price to pay for security of a nation.
                        How exactly does this add to the security of a nation ?

The system itself is very expensive, the bill is running to thousands of millions of yen already. Perhaps that money could have been better spent elsewhere, like on training forensic doctors, which Japan lacks.

The only terrorists in Japan I am of aware of were AUM, who were all Japanese nationals, and the Red Army, who were also Japanese.

Do terrorists have some distinct fingerprint pattern ?
                        Last edited by zilch; 2007-06-21, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadPenny
                          Just goes to show you. Never get in line behind a Filipina with a bunch of kids.

I hope none of 'em were mine.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisElliot2000
                            All International airports in America scan fingerprints and take photos of incoming aliens. Reciprocity's a ______, ain't it?

That's exactly why I can't say sheeit. With all the forms of high tech surveillance and the cops here running rough shot over gaijin whenever they want, the print thing seems hardly worth raising the blood pressure over.

Comment

Originally posted by zilch
                              How exactly does this add to the security of a nation ?

The system itself is very expensive, the bill is running to thousands of millions of yen already. Perhaps that money could have been better spent elsewhere, like on training forensic doctors, which Japan lacks.

The only terrorists in Japan I am of aware of were AUM, who were all Japanese nationals, and the Red Army, who were also Japanese.

Do terrorists have some distinct fingerprint pattern ?
                              First off I don't care if it's expensive, second your point about training forensic doctors is actually a good one. I'm tired of any death here within 20 KM of a train being called a suicide, again good point this is needed here. Now your next paragraph is where I find the problem.
                              The point of being a terrorist is your sneaky and slip by security. This could be said for the terrorist who attacked NY on 9/11 (Lovelynice stay out of this thread please). You are unaware of them. If the U.S and other goverments like The British, Chinese, Japan, France, and Germany all started working together (Lets face it Interpol is a joke). If they all shared info I'm talking about a World wide data base of not only criminals but of people suspected of having ties to terrorist organizations, maybe we could prevent future deaths of civilians. That's what fingerprinting at customs is all about.
                              If Sahid Muhammad comes to the U.S or Japan and blows something up the goverment would have a record of all his overseas travel, who he was traveling with, and his length of stay as well as his prints and photograph.
                              If they take a photo of Sahid and print him and his prints are found at the site of a bombing, don't you think that is helping in preventing a future attack by our friend Sahid? If he is subjected to a fingerprint scan on his next vist..anywhere.
                              The first few day the U.S implemented the fingerprint scan they captured 15 people who were on the F.B.I "watch list" for drugs, visa fraud(<<read that as illegal entry) and RAPE. The fingerprint scanning adde a FULL 15 SECONDs to the process at customs. I reinterate Big deal no time wasted , how is this a inconvience
                              Full article here*
                              http://en.epochtimes.com/news/4-1-5/18016.html

Comment

Working...
                              X