Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Refused membership at a gym today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refused membership at a gym today

What do you think?
    Last edited by yankeedoodle; 2010-11-04, 01:55 PM.

Originally posted by yankeedoodle View Post
    My questions are: do they have the right to refuse me based on some perceived communication problem and do they have the right to ask for my gaijin card when I have a Japanese driver's license?
    1.No.
    2.No.

Your story is good for debito website.

Comment

It's not a public place, so yes they can refuse you membership!

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyRollingMan View Post
        It's not a public place, so yes they can refuse you membership!
        They have rules.They can refuse memberships if you have dangerous diseases, tattos, etc.It has nothing to do with Japanese skills.

Comment

Originally posted by let`s talk View Post
          They have rules.They can refuse memberships if you have dangerous diseases, tattos, etc.It has nothing to do with Japanese skills.
          No, They are a private enterprise and have the right to refuse business to anyone as SRM posted above. It's not a discrimination issue because if they could show you, which they won't, that they have refused a membership to just one japanese person then your point is moot.

Comment

Originally posted by RonBurgundy View Post
            No, They are a private enterprise and have the right to refuse business to anyone as SRM posted above. It's not a discrimination issue because if they could show you, which they won't, that they have refused a membership to just one japanese person then your point is moot.
            OP, go to debito and read there.Don`t listen to locals.They wish to live in a dump.

Comment

What is there about Private enterprise that you do not understand. If I own a business I can refuse business with anyone I want. The same rule applies to private member's clubs whether they be Gyms, Date clubs or Buttholes Drinking Buddies club. Private means private. No one allowed that the owners do not want! You can cry about it but the law is on their side!

Comment

What is there about Private enterprise that you do not understand. If I own a business I can refuse business with anyone I want. The same rule applies to private member's clubs whether they be Gyms, Date clubs or Buttholes Drinking Buddies club. Private means private. No one allowed that the owners do not want! You can cry about it but the law is on their side!
                What law? It is a legal forum.Name of the law, please.

Comment

OP, go to debito and read there.Don`t listen to locals.They wish to live in a dump.
                  I never told him NOT to visit debito, genius. By all means please do so.

But for someone who just rode a donkey as a means of transportation before coming to Japan as a mail-order bride, it's hard to understand the intricacies of private business when all you've done is work out of your kitchen.

Comment

I never told him NOT to visit debito, genius. By all means please do so.

But for someone who just rode a donkey as a means of transportation before coming to Japan as a mail-order bride, it's hard to understand the intricacies of private business when all you've done is work out of your kitchen.
                    Why are you here?

Comment

Why are you here?
                      Who are you?

Comment

Who are you?
                        Me.Myself.As always.So what?

Comment

What law? It is a legal forum.Name of the law, please.
                          The law of demand and supply. THey own the club and can refuse member ship to any one they want. Or Don't they have that law in Bulgaria?

Comment

The law of demand and supply. THey own the club and can refuse member ship to any one they want. Or Don't they have that law in Bulgaria?
                            I have never been to Bulgaria.Here is Japan.The law of Japan, please.

Comment

I have never been to Bulgaria.Here is Japan.The law of Japan, please.
                              You still don't get it. What part of the word private do you not understand?

Comment

Working...
                              X