Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Top

Collapse

Refused membership at a gym today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Refused membership at a gym today

    What do you think?
    Last edited by yankeedoodle; 2010-11-04, 01:55 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by yankeedoodle View Post
    My questions are: do they have the right to refuse me based on some perceived communication problem and do they have the right to ask for my gaijin card when I have a Japanese driver's license?
    1.No.
    2.No.

    Your story is good for debito website.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's not a public place, so yes they can refuse you membership!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SteadyRollingMan View Post
        It's not a public place, so yes they can refuse you membership!
        They have rules.They can refuse memberships if you have dangerous diseases, tattos, etc.It has nothing to do with Japanese skills.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by let`s talk View Post
          They have rules.They can refuse memberships if you have dangerous diseases, tattos, etc.It has nothing to do with Japanese skills.
          No, They are a private enterprise and have the right to refuse business to anyone as SRM posted above. It's not a discrimination issue because if they could show you, which they won't, that they have refused a membership to just one japanese person then your point is moot.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RonBurgundy View Post
            No, They are a private enterprise and have the right to refuse business to anyone as SRM posted above. It's not a discrimination issue because if they could show you, which they won't, that they have refused a membership to just one japanese person then your point is moot.
            OP, go to debito and read there.Don`t listen to locals.They wish to live in a dump.

            Comment


            • #7
              What is there about Private enterprise that you do not understand. If I own a business I can refuse business with anyone I want. The same rule applies to private member's clubs whether they be Gyms, Date clubs or Buttholes Drinking Buddies club. Private means private. No one allowed that the owners do not want! You can cry about it but the law is on their side!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SteadyRollingMan View Post
                What is there about Private enterprise that you do not understand. If I own a business I can refuse business with anyone I want. The same rule applies to private member's clubs whether they be Gyms, Date clubs or Buttholes Drinking Buddies club. Private means private. No one allowed that the owners do not want! You can cry about it but the law is on their side!
                What law? It is a legal forum.Name of the law, please.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by let`s talk View Post
                  OP, go to debito and read there.Don`t listen to locals.They wish to live in a dump.
                  I never told him NOT to visit debito, genius. By all means please do so.

                  But for someone who just rode a donkey as a means of transportation before coming to Japan as a mail-order bride, it's hard to understand the intricacies of private business when all you've done is work out of your kitchen.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RonBurgundy View Post
                    I never told him NOT to visit debito, genius. By all means please do so.

                    But for someone who just rode a donkey as a means of transportation before coming to Japan as a mail-order bride, it's hard to understand the intricacies of private business when all you've done is work out of your kitchen.
                    Why are you here?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by let`s talk View Post
                      Why are you here?
                      Who are you?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RonBurgundy View Post
                        Who are you?
                        Me.Myself.As always.So what?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by let`s talk View Post
                          What law? It is a legal forum.Name of the law, please.
                          The law of demand and supply. THey own the club and can refuse member ship to any one they want. Or Don't they have that law in Bulgaria?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SteadyRollingMan View Post
                            The law of demand and supply. THey own the club and can refuse member ship to any one they want. Or Don't they have that law in Bulgaria?
                            I have never been to Bulgaria.Here is Japan.The law of Japan, please.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by let`s talk View Post
                              I have never been to Bulgaria.Here is Japan.The law of Japan, please.
                              You still don't get it. What part of the word private do you not understand?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X