Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

90day Tourist Visa Extension - Filipino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90day Tourist Visa Extension - Filipino

Hi Everyone!

I`m planning to extend my stay here in Japan for another 90days since I originally acquired a 3month Tourist visa that will expire on December 31 2012.
    Will this be possible?
    I`m actually a Filipino citizen, I need to know if the Immigration will grant this request or do I need to have a very good reason? I`m living with my sister who is married here and they are supporting my finances.

Bring a letter (translated if necessary), sister's spouse's (I assume he's Japanese?) business card, bankbook, tax receipts from last year.

They will want to see that your expenses are covered and you aren't working in a pachinko hall or tire factory somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by gavinjameson View Post
      I`m actually a Filipino citizen
      Let me guess...even if they give you an extension, you will probably look for a second extension and for a third one. Do not waste your time at immigration, there are actually 7 (yes, seven!) countries in the world that can get 3x3 months. ONLY those 7 contries citizens will get what you want.
      MEXICO
      GERMANY
      AUSTRIA
      IRELAND
      LIECHTENSTEIN
      UK
      SWITZERLAND

As you see your country is not among them. The best advice I can give is to not waste your time and immigration agents time: Just overstay your visa like thousand of your fellow countrymen. Yes, you read me right: JUST OVERSTAY. After all you were looking for a reason to overstay, now you have one.
      Last edited by Rodney_King; 2012-12-17, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gavinjameson View Post
        I`m actually a Filipino citizen, I need to know if the Immigration will grant this request or do I need to have a very good reason? I`m living with my sister who is married here and they are supporting my finances.
        I come from one of these 7 countries mentioned and had no problem in extending, but I overheard that they gave the Thai girl at the next counter a hard time when she wanted to to the same. They asked questions like 'why do you want to visit your relatives so long', 'please show your return ticket', etc.

Also, is your sister's husband happy with your plan ? There is such a thing as 'overstaying one's welcome', especially if you live in his place and on his expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_King View Post
          Let me guess...even if they give you an extension, you will probably look for a second extension and for a third one. Do not waste your time at immigration, there are actually 7 (yes, seven!) countries in the world that can get 3x3 months. ONLY those 7 contries citizens will get what you want.
          MEXICO
          GERMANY
          AUSTRIA
          IRELAND
          LIECHTENSTEIN
          UK
          SWITZERLAND

As you see your country is not among them. The best advice I can give is to not waste your time and immigration agents time: Just overstay your visa like thousand of your fellow countrymen. Yes, you read me right: JUST OVERSTAY. After all you were looking for a reason to overstay, now you have one.
          Excuse me Sir! I want to make it legal as far as I`m concerned.

I know for a fact that alot of my countrymen do what is RISKY. I wouldn`t want to do thesame, that`s why I want to have the idea about how the IMMIGRATION responds to this kinds of request as a FILIPINO.. thanks to your inputs though! ^^

Comment

Working...
          X