Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

A bit of a peculiar situation trying to get special permission from immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of a peculiar situation trying to get special permission from immigration

I have a question regarding receiving a special permit to "work outside your visa to particpate in other activities". I work as an ALT on an instructor visa. In order to supplement my income I found a part time job with an eikaiwa. I know you cannot work at an eikaiwa on an instructor visa. Therefore I applied for the special permission visa "to participate in activities ourside my normal workvisa". They asked for a schedule from NOVA and my ALT schedule which I can give them. Unfortunately , the part time eikaiwa job fired me (their trainer was afraid that I was more competent than him). My questions is, should I submit the paperwork to immigration as is and not tell them I was fired from the eikaiwa, or should I be honest? I know that typically honesty is the best policy, but this is not a typical situation. I would really like to get the special permission stamp so I have it to keep my options open. However, I don`t want to get in trouble with immigration either.

If you dont want to get into trouble then dont lie, amazing isnt it?

How did you get the eikaiwa job without the permission in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by StarfoxPro View Post
      Unfortunately , the part time eikaiwa job fired me (their trainer was afraid that I was more competent than him)..
      Hey, at least he was honest enough to tell you that, eh!?

He did tell you that, yeah?

You wouldn't have just made that up based on your ALT monkey megalomaniacal delusions of grandeur, surely???

You're a nice kid, but you need to realise that you are overpaid, overfed, and over (t)here.

And yeah, just wait until a new job offer comes up and reapply.

Comment

If you don't have the job with the eikaiwa any longer, you can't get special permission. It's not a get out of jail free card to be used in the future. You need to have the job offer first, I think.

Comment

So you currently work as an ALT wanted to work in a language school but needed the extra permit.
          Now the school has withdrawn the offer so you either don't need it any more OR you still pursue it to get the visa permission anyway.
          I'd probably not pursue it as there is a risk that might contact Nova and found out that you were already fired or had worked without the extra pernission.

Comment

Working...
          X