Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Can father kick his daughter off from Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can father kick his daughter off from Japan?

Hello!

I have a VERY urgent question to ask you, dear Gaijinpot users.

The thing is I have a friend. She is 19 years old now and she will turn 20 in 6 weeks.
    Her father is a Japanese _______ and her mother is Phil.
    She was brought up in Philippines and her citizenship is also Phil.
    One year ago she moved to Japan to live with her family, but due to some (understandable) circumstances she ran away from home.

The problem is - her father told her that he will cut off her visa. They have stolen her passport but she says she has the alien registration card valid until 2016 with her.
    My question is - Does she have to worry about something? Can she stay in Japan until end of 2016 without worrying about bull____ that her father wants her to believe?

She needs to acts swiftly, quick replies would be very appreciated.

As she is still a minor, her father can basically have her locked up if he wants to! Now when she become an adult at twenty, she becomes independent! But a piece of advice do not get involved, as it can bring you a lot of grief! Specially if her father is a yakuza.

Comment

Originally posted by Norrc View Post
      Hello!

I have a VERY urgent question to ask you, dear Gaijinpot users.

The thing is I have a friend. She is 19 years old now and she will turn 20 in 6 weeks.
      Her father is a Japanese _______ and her mother is Phil.
      She was brought up in Philippines and her citizenship is also Phil.
      One year ago she moved to Japan to live with her family, but due to some (understandable) circumstances she ran away from home.

The problem is - her father told her that he will cut off her visa. They have stolen her passport but she says she has the alien registration card valid until 2016 with her.
      My question is - Does she have to worry about something? Can she stay in Japan until end of 2016 without worrying about bull____ that her father wants her to believe?

She needs to acts swiftly, quick replies would be very appreciated.
      Go down and ask immigration.

Comment

She can go to her embassy and get her passport renewed. Can probably do it on her own from 18 years of age, but surely by 20.

Comment

So she has a three year visa as a 'Child of Japanese National' ? Ths would mean that her father would probably have signed a letter of guarantee. AFAIK, this 'guarantee' is non-revocable, so he'd probably be liable if she did something strange. In any case, she could still get a new visa in three years iif she finds a new guarantor and has "Document showing financial ability of the persons concerned."

Comment

Cant she just go and get a Japanese passport, if she is a Japanese citizen? If her father is Japanese then she can, I believe. Then she would not need a visa.

Until age 20, they are eligible for both passports, I believe.

Comment

Working...
            X