Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Hostessing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kay24
    Actually they are illigal, and that's why the police can arrest a Fillipino hostess with a valid visa whenever they like. The police don't arrest Westerners because it's Westerners.
    Kay,

Im not sure if you are yanking my chain but any foreigner, westerner, Filipino, African, can be arrested even though they have a valid visa. I have PR though never arrested, have been stopped by the police.

Being arrested for being Filipino is a stretch and would probably bring charges of harassment and racism etc

What will they charge them with, for speaking Tagalog outside their work?
    Last edited by paulh; 2007-01-25, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
      . Visas for Filipinos for that kind of work now have more stringent requirements but its easier for western (e.g. Russian) and Caucasian women to get work.

So Russians are Westerners are they Paul?

Yet another Paul H gaffe.

Comment

Originally posted by J.T

Paul is just thinking like the Japanese, J.T. White=Western, I heard it before.

Comment

Originally posted by J.T

Have you ever seen any Asian Russians? Yes western means caucasian for the most part. Just look at all the white faces in Moscow. People from the Caucasus, Belarus and Georgia tend to look like you and me too.

Comment

No, I am just being presise with what I say. No picking or anything.

The police wants to control the number of Filippino hostesses because a lot of them are coming to Japan. It's like stopping Mexicans at the border. Police don't give much attention to Western hostesses because they know they do hostessing just for traveling sake. It's an order from the government's high level.

Stopping a foreigner on the street is just recreation of a police man so it's at random.

BTW, The definition of Westerner to me is people of Christian culture, and it doesn't include Russians.
            Last edited by kay24; 2007-01-26, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I am just being presise with what I say.

The police wants to control the number of Filippino hostesses because a lot of them are coming to Japan. It's like stopping Mexicans at the border. Police don't give much attention to Western hostesses because they know they do hostessing just for traveling sake.

BTW, The definition of Westerner to me is people of Christian culture, and it doesn't include Russians.
              I dont follow this issue closely but its my understanding many are recuited through brokers in the Filipines and then sent to work in bars in Japan. Their passports are taken off them when they arrive and they are treated like virtual slaves. They got into trouble here because many ended up working as prostitutes to pay off the huge loans incurred to bring them here (something like 5 million yen per girl) and they got busted for engaging in the sex trade, not for having illegal visas. The police did not go after the brokers who were engaging in human trafficking for prostitution etc. This issue went all the way to the UN and gave Japan a black eye as japan was said to be no 1 in human trafficking worldwide.

Comment

Yes, that's true, but who is suffering is actually Fillipinos because they still want to come to Japan if some of them are ripped off by Yakuzas. I don't know if Fillipino hosstesses appreciate UN or hate UN for taking their jobs off

Comment

Yes, that's true, but who is suffering is actually Fillipinos because they still want to come to Japan if some of them are ripped off by Yakuzas. I don't know if Fillipino hosstesses appreciate UN or hate UN for taking their jobs off

They are suffering because of abuse and exploitation but the tone of your posts was that they are illegal immigrants by simply being here, even though they have valid work visas and the legal right to be in Japan.

I think they probably appreciate having their human rights protected and not being treated like cattle and personal property of the brokers and the yakuza who bring them over here.

More here
                  Last edited by paulh; 2007-01-26, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Well, like I said, there is no visa for hostessing and all the Fillipino hostesses are technically illigal workers, and that's why their brokers are yakuzas. If hostessing was legal, a company like Nova would become the broker.

Human rights or Job... Another good topic to discuss.
                    Last edited by kay24; 2007-01-26, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Well, like I said, there is no visa for hostessing and all the Fillipino hostesses are technically illigal workers, and that's why their brokers are yakuzas. If hostessing was legal, a company like Nova would become the broker.

Hunman rights or Job... Another good topic to discuss.

Filipinas are hired to be dancers but that doesnt mean they cant pour drinks for customers too, Some work in strip clubs peeling their clothes off on stage. thats not hostessing either but thats what they end up doing as they have a 5 million yen bond they have to pay off to the yakuza and selling their bodies is about the only way they can work here.

Filipinas now need to take a 6 month dancing course in order to qualify for an entertainment visa in Japan.

Comment

selling their bodies is about the only way they can work here.
                        I'm sure you just made some people very angry.

Comment

Have you ever seen any Asian Russians? .
                          Absolutely, try visiting Buryatia, Sakha and Tuva for a start, all three areas are a part of the Russian Federation. Russia has around 200 ethnic groups.

Yes western means caucasian for the most part. Just look at all the white faces in Moscow. People from the Caucasus, Belarus and Georgia tend to look like you and me too.
                          Very few Russians see themselves as a part of the west Paul, as they are not, even if some of them may look like us.
                          Having said that you obviously have never been to Moscow, as there are plenty of people from Central Asia living there.

Comment

I'm sure you just made some people very angry.

Deal with it. Trafficking in humans, prostitution and slavery is a very real and serious problem here.

They can not get visas to teach English or work in factories and their familes live in poverty back in the Phillipines. why do you think they end up becoming dancers anyway?

Comment

I started to be curious with where your anger comes from.
                              Japan? Prostitution? Poverty? Globalization?

why do you think they end up becoming dancers anyway?
                              Because they want Japanese yen so badly.

Comment

Originally posted by J.T
                                Absolutely, try visiting Buryatia, Sakha and Tuva for a start, all three areas are a part of the Russian Federation. Russia has around 200 ethnic groups.

Very few Russians see themselves as a part of the west Paul, as they are not, even if some of them may look like us.
                                Having said that you obviously have never been to Moscow, as there are plenty of people from Central Asia living there.
                                What is this PerogyPot???????

If I wanna hear abut communist criminals, I'll tune into PotatoNews.com

BACK ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X