Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Wanna become a Wedding Pastor ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna become a Wedding Pastor ?

For those interested in becoming a wedding pastor in Japan, please let me know.
    I can hook you up to a company that will give you easy money.

You can make a few hundred grand per month just working on weekends.
    I quit teaching 8 years ago and that was the best decision I have made (I got married last year).

If you are in Tokyo or Nagoya or any big city, they will be able to take you up, as long as you can speak simple Japanese and have common sense

Just doing you a favor, and myself so that I receive a bit of comission for introduction.

Keep posting !

You don't have to show up sober or anything do you?

No, on the serious side, did you ever get any action from the bridesmaids?

Comment

Originally posted by johnlovesapples View Post
      For those interested in becoming a wedding pastor in Japan, please let me know.
      I can hook you up to a company that will give you easy money.

You can make a few hundred grand per month just working on weekends.
      I quit teaching 8 years ago and that was the best decision I have made (I got married last year).

If you are in Tokyo or Nagoya or any big city, they will be able to take you up, as long as you can speak simple Japanese and have common sense

Just doing you a favor, and myself so that I receive a bit of comission for introduction.

Keep posting !
      Question: The hole thing is a show, but how does the fact that you're not even a priest go down with the guests?? Just curious...another question, would any of the guests get the hots for the priest??

I'm Spanish looking...would that be OK or do couples also go for the white blue-eyed gaijin that would look 'better' in the wedding pictures???

Comment

Originally posted by Pepelepew View Post
        Question: The hole thing is a show, but how does the fact that you're not even a priest go down with the guests?? Just curious...another question, would any of the guests get the hots for the priest??
        FYI seeing as the guests are not Christians mostly they don't even care if its a real religious ceremony held in a real or fake church or not. Weddings here are a BUSINESS and actual religion has very little to do with it. The bride wants a white wedding in a dress and thats what the hotel delivers. Act like a real priest and deliver 20 minute sermons and hectoring and you will soon be out of a job. The minimum demand of "priests" is that they nominally be Christian and say prayers and sing hymns. Theres no need to be overtly religious. All families care about is you do a professional job, don't be late and get the names right. Anything else is gravy.

Seeing as you only see the congregation for at most half an hour there is little opportunity to interact with or "chat" up female guests and it would be extremely tacky for such a woman to hit on the minister at her friend's wedding. It's just not done here.

I'm Spanish looking...would that be OK or do couples also go for the white blue-eyed gaijin that would look 'better' in the wedding pictures???
        I know a guy here who is from Iran is very tall and dark with a beard and runs his own bridal company and does weddings. There is no demand to be 'blonde and blue eyed". Westerners, not just caucasians are preferred.
        Last edited by KansaiBen; 2011-06-12, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Again, if you need some connections, just send me a pm.

Comment

I'm trying to finance an MBA, so, if someone offered me 1,000 yen to run around the block in my undies, I'd probably consider it....will drop you a line later today...

Comment

You can make 10,000 to 20,000 and you get to wear a gown plus your undies.

What are you waiting for?

Comment

Originally posted by Pepelepew View Post

Yeah - I'm also curious to know which races would be 'acceptable'.

I suspect anyone who is Hispanic-looking might be okay - there was a post on here a while back about how one place was seeking Italians to pose as fake Catholic priests.

There's one Jewish guy who presides over fake Christian wedding ceremonies - which makes me laugh at the whole inappropriateness of it all.

What about blacks (American, British, West Indian, African etc.), Indians, Asians (Nikkei, Chinese, Koreans, Singaporeans, Taiwanese etc with or without passports from Western nations), haafu-types (Japanese + white, black, etc.) My guess is that they aren't interested in the brownish-yellowish variety but would be nice to hear some qualified confirmation on the subject.

Also, does the fake priest ever get to do one of the bridesmaids?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthByNorthwest View Post
                  What about blacks (American, British, West Indian, African etc.), Indians, Asians (Nikkei, Chinese, Koreans, Singaporeans, Taiwanese etc with or without passports from Western nations), haafu-types (Japanese + white, black, etc.) My guess is that they aren't interested in the brownish-yellowish variety but would be nice to hear some qualified confirmation on the subject.
                  Japanese pastors are becoming more popular these days \ better with the lingo and all that. They too, however, are 'fake'.
                  Traditional Japanese weddings also use 'fake' staff in wedding halls and for restaurant weddings. Religion is all about business here, and it always has been. That being said I had my fill of the fake business a few years back. It's highly repetitive and the money is not what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthByNorthwest View Post
                    Also, does the fake priest ever get to do one of the bridesmaids?
                    Japanese weddings don't have bridesmaids, they have 'best friend' who holds the flowers and gloves.

Im sure it can happen but I've never heard of it and the priest still hanging onto his job.

Comment

`Do you, Yuki, WANNA marry Yoshi?`
                      `Yeah, I WANNA`

Very elegant....

Comment

#######################
                        Last edited by Chromedome; 2011-07-01, 09:09 AM.

Comment

and wedding singers???

What about opportunities as a wedding singer, for females?

Comment

Originally posted by happyBuddha View Post
                            What about opportunities as a wedding singer, for females?

Lots of wedding companies employ black females for gospel weddings, so there could be an opening. Most singers here are graduates of music universities and you would have to audition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichigo87
                              I think I look too young to be a fake priest (see avatar)

But if that is not a problem and they can hook me up in Osaka I might be interested. Even if its 700-1000‰~/hour it sounds like an experience to never forget.
                              I looked pretty young when I started 10 yrs ago. Do not lower the standards by doing it for less money. If you want it, it's out there. You really need some Japanese to be successful at it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X