Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Top

Collapse

Alt @ rcs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alt @ rcs

    Hello everyone, I'm just wondering.

    I saw a lot of post regarding RCS and some of it are negative feedbacks.
    I recently was offered for an interview by RCS for their ALT position for the next school year (I think).
    But I am not residing in Japan right now and need to get a visa in order to go to Japan and be interviewed.

    I really want to work in Japan and maybe have a teaching job, but based on the comments of some people about the company, is it still good to go work for the company despite its bad reputation (as others said).

    Thank you and hope you could clear me out on this one..

  • #2
    http://forum.gaijinpot.com/showthrea...CS-corporation

    http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=27132

    Here are some google results I found. Dunno though they might be out of date! Where are you from??

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you for the fast reply.. Those were the bad comments I saw yesterday when I looked up for comments about RCS.
      But I am planning to go to Japan and still try for the interview though.

      I am from the Philippines.

      Comment


      • #4
        Do they provide housing?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sado001 View Post
          Thank you for the fast reply.. Those were the bad comments I saw yesterday when I looked up for comments about RCS.
          But I am planning to go to Japan and still try for the interview though.

          I am from the Philippines.
          If you are from the Philippines, and you want to be in Japan, then you should take the job. Most companies still want white teachers, and not so many companies are willing to hire Filipinos.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sado001 View Post
            Thank you for the fast reply.. Those were the bad comments I saw yesterday when I looked up for comments about RCS.
            But I am planning to go to Japan and still try for the interview though.

            I am from the Philippines.
            The comments you looked up are pretty much accurate. What Esoteric said is also true. Take the position to get yourself established.

            Comment


            • #7
              I once interviewed for them from overseas. The interview went well IMO and the guy told me afterward he was pretty sure I'd get the job, he just needed to go over it with the higher ups first. A week goes by, no e-mail. I'd also interviewed with the big I and needed to give them a response soon. I e-mailed RCS and told them I had another job offer, but that they were my first choice (this was due to location), so if they were still interested to let me know. Nope nada nothing, so I accepted the big I offer.

              A month later I get an offer from RCS. I politely tell the guy I waited two weeks for a call back/response, even going so far as to e-mail them like above. The guy writes back in an annoyed tone, and makes some passive aggressive comment that they DID e-mail me, but it must have been filtered into my spam box. And if true, then why was the e-mail I received a month later a position offer e-mail instead of a "hey just checking up to see if you were still considering our position offer" e-mail? It was like this dude couldn't admit they'd been slow on the ball and it cost them having to go with/interview someone else. With the volume of people that had to have applied, it didn't seem like a big deal anyways.

              Made me glad I hadn't gone with them, because I can only imagine the "everything is your fault" tactics they would have pulled had I been an ALT with any classroom problems.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mizutama View Post
                I once interviewed for them from overseas. The interview went well IMO and the guy told me afterward he was pretty sure I'd get the job, he just needed to go over it with the higher ups first. A week goes by, no e-mail. I'd also interviewed with the big I and needed to give them a response soon. I e-mailed RCS and told them I had another job offer, but that they were my first choice (this was due to location), so if they were still interested to let me know. Nope nada nothing, so I accepted the big I offer.

                A month later I get an offer from RCS. I politely tell the guy I waited two weeks for a call back/response, even going so far as to e-mail them like above. The guy writes back in an annoyed tone, and makes some passive aggressive comment that they DID e-mail me, but it must have been filtered into my spam box. And if true, then why was the e-mail I received a month later a position offer e-mail instead of a "hey just checking up to see if you were still considering our position offer" e-mail? It was like this dude couldn't admit they'd been slow on the ball and it cost them having to go with/interview someone else. With the volume of people that had to have applied, it didn't seem like a big deal anyways.

                Made me glad I hadn't gone with them, because I can only imagine the "everything is your fault" tactics they would have pulled had I been an ALT with any classroom problems.
                Most true it is. No matter what happens, it is your fault. Work at a school with a psychotic principal with imaginary complaints, out you go. Speaking from experience, this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mr. Ludd View Post
                  No matter what happens, it is your fault.
                  Now you sound just like Mrs. Style (:<)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I honestly don't understand why people will go with a crappy company just to get their foot in the door. You haven't seen decent remarks about that company because they have not changed their ways. If you think you can tolerate things and look for another job simultaneously, while actually learning to do the job in the first place, that's your prerogative, but I think it's foolish to live in misery like that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Glenski View Post
                      I honestly don't understand why people will go with a crappy company just to get their foot in the door. You haven't seen decent remarks about that company because they have not changed their ways. If you think you can tolerate things and look for another job simultaneously, while actually learning to do the job in the first place, that's your prerogative, but I think it's foolish to live in misery like that.
                      People will do it now because there are too many companies not willing to sponsor upfront anymore.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So, we're talking desperation, then...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Glenski View Post
                          So, we're talking desperation, then...
                          You are, we aren't.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X