Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

2nd year contracts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying_Dutchman
    And as far as your boss is concerned you are disposable enough to not be re-hired as you have your hand out for more money

So what is a good enough standard for you and why should the fact you dont abuse kids mean you deserve more money?

Being punctual for your job is a requirement and not something you should be rewarded for.

You have a lot to learn about working in Japan as it seems you feel the world owes you a living.
    And poor old FD wonders why nobody likes him on these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by J.T不死身
      And poor old FD wonders why nobody likes him on these forums.

and truth is a very bitter pill to swallow. If you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

PS and the OP will wonder why he is suddenly terminated or sent out to buttf-ck Gunma ken for standing up to his boss and asking for more money.

Comment

It does when your boss is a Kabushiki Kaisha, and there are maybe 50 employees in kansai. My present company i worked (PT) for 8 years.
        So, you're a seishain at the wedding place?

Comment

and truth is a very bitter pill to swallow. If you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.
          The truth is that you are a reviled figure on these forums for being such a pig-headed, haughty, would be know it all.

Comment

and truth is a very bitter pill to swallow.
            You must have swallowed a bunch of said pills to become so bitter.

Too bad the space for signatures is limited, because the one I originally wanted to use encapsulates your unique blend of arrogance and ignorance.

I teach English here and one of my last positions paid over $75,000 a year, probably more than you can make as a Java developer.

Comment

Originally posted by hikhik
              Quite soon I will have to negotiate a new work contract.

As far as I was concerned, in the 2nd year of working for a school, you should be offered more money, on the basis that you are no longer training, you have not abused any of the kids, and that you do turn up on time, at least once a week.

Do people ever get offered less than their initial contract, when their work has been of a good enough standard?
              If you feel that you have done a good job and have helped increase or maintain profits then I think you would be justified in expecting a pat on the back in the form of a pecuniary reward.

If they don't offer it. Ask for it. If they refuse you can take yourself down the road or suck it up.

If you have a boss who sacks you just for asking for a raise, then they're not worth working for anyway. Good, reliable teachers are hard to come by. If you are one of those and your boss is not an idiot then he/she should endeavour to keep you by giving you a reward.

If your visa runs out in 2 months and your current employer is your sponsor then I would disregard all of the above advice and take what you're given until you get a 3 year visa.

Comment

Originally posted by PanicInducingGaijin
                You must have swallowed a bunch of said pills to become so bitter..
                ROFL Harris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ROFL Harris
                  ROFL!!!!!!
                  He's Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Comment

Originally posted by PanicInducingGaijin
                    So, you're a seishain at the wedding place?

No Im not sweetie but Im also not a lowly ALT on 3 months contracts farmed out to kiss arse with JTEs at a high school and ignored by everyone else. You pick your battles.

Comment

The truth is that you are a reviled figure on these forums for being such a pig-headed, haughty, would be know it all.

coming from you, thats a compliment.

Comment

coming from you, thats a compliment.
                        Take it as you will. Time to face reality Mr Can't get it up.

Comment

Take it as you will. Time to face reality Mr Can't get it up.

So now is open season on my sex life. you are a barrel of laughs arent you. Wife not giving you any at all? New jobby-wobby in Tokyo stamping on your libido?

Comment

So now is open season on my sex life. you are a barrel of laughs arent you. Wife not giving you any at all? New jobby-wobby in Tokyo stamping on your libido?
                            Wife is at her parents' place.

We all know why you've been spurning potential sexual partners, performance anxiety?

Comment

Wife is at her parents' place.

We all know why you've been spurning potential sexual partners, performance anxiety?

If it was that I certainly wouldnt tell you. And how would you know about sexual dysfunction?. Must have been after that little drink we had together last week.....

Comment

If it was that I certainly wouldnt tell you. And how would you know about sexual dysfunction?. Must have been after that little drink we had together last week.....
                                You don't need to tell us, reading between the lines, it's pretty obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X