Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Anyone know any eikaiwa managers/owners?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know any eikaiwa managers/owners?

I've been looking for a long time but to no avail. I'm wondering what eikaiwa's retention rates are? If a hundred new students come and there contracts run out what percent resign contracts? My guess is that smaller schools have higher retention but less new student(70-80%) and the bigger schools have a small retention (30-50%) and get many more students.

If anyone has any info or even guesses I'm all ears,thanks.

Originally posted by TylerDurden
    I've been looking for a long time but to no avail. I'm wondering what eikaiwa's retention rates are? If a hundred new students come and there contracts run out what percent resign contracts? My guess is that smaller schools have higher retention but less new student(70-80%) and the bigger schools have a small retention (30-50%) and get many more students.

If anyone has any info or even guesses I'm all ears,thanks.
    echo

echo

Comment

What do you mean contracts? I think that the majority of schools dont have their student signed up for contracts based on a period of time. The students just come and pay a monthly fee, and quit when they are ready.

I only know numbers on the school I used to run, but the withdraw rate was between 15 and 20% yearly. (15-20% of the students in a year would quit in that year).

Comment

To the OP-OQ: yes, yes I do.

Comment

Suddenly I don't see my own posts? Why?

There was nothing offensive in them, nothing to indicate where I was working, only one reference to a big, fat ex Geos woman which is only too true as was the info about her being a ____ty teacher.

There was a lot of good advice there. Why were my posts pulled? I'm mystified, especially as the school no longer exists and it never advertised anywhere let alone on gaijinpot ....

Comment

I can only think of one reason - she's back in Japan

And running gaijinpot which would be good for her as very few people I knew in Japan wanted to speak to her face to face. So, can anybody enlighten me?

And if you're going to pull threads then cut out things you don't like - don't cut all this valuable information on retaining adult students.

So .. are you there S........? Are you now the Mod?

Comment

Uh oh, I made a mistake, apologies to the mod/s!

Tyler posted this in another thread and I originally replied there. Nice to know that gaijinpot isn't deleting decent posts with real info in the small businesses etc thread.

Comment

It's one of those half shadow things.

Comment

Working...
                X