Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Banana kids esl school utsunomiya

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana kids esl school utsunomiya

Hello there!

I've been looking at teaching English at the Banana Kids School in Utsunomiya (Tochigi) Japan and was wondering if anyone in this forum has worked there, or knows people that have indeed worked there before...?

My wife lives about 10 minutes by bicycle, so this school would be perfect for me to commute! I have my TESL certificate from Oxford Seminars and my B.A. in English so I am confident I am more than qualified to teach!

Any help and/or advice on this school, or perhaps any other schools in this prefecture would be GREATLY appreciated!

Originally posted by JRod View Post
    Hello there!

I've been looking at teaching English at the Banana Kids School in Utsunomiya (Tochigi) Japan and was wondering if anyone in this forum has worked there, or knows people that have indeed worked there before...?

My wife lives about 10 minutes by bicycle, so this school would be perfect for me to commute! I have my TESL certificate from Oxford Seminars and my B.A. in English so I am confident I am more than qualified to teach!

Any help and/or advice on this school, or perhaps any other schools in this prefecture would be GREATLY appreciated!
    I give you a week.
    Fred

Comment

Originally posted by shonanfred View Post
      I give you a week.
      Fred
      Any further clarification you can offer to your response Fred??

Comment

Nope. But do you really want to teach at a "school" with that name?
        Fred

Comment

Nope. But do you really want to teach at a "school" with that name?
          Fred
          Hahaha - Well, I guess there have been worse names for schools. I didn't personally name the school, but I saw how close it is to my wife's house so I don't see any reason to not give it a shot and teach there.

Comment

Hello there!

Well, I know few good English kids schools in Tochigi, though it is quite far from your wife's house.

Comment

Hahaha - Well, I guess there have been worse names for schools. I didn't personally name the school, but I saw how close it is to my wife's house so I don't see any reason to not give it a shot and teach there.
              Enjoy:
              http://www.bananakids.jp/teacher_n.html
              Fred

Comment

Hello there!

Go down to your friendly local gaijin bar and find someone from this motley cast of characters and ask.

Comment

It's about time you guys showed up.
                  Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Hijinx View Post
                    Go down to your friendly local gaijin bar and find someone from this motley cast of characters and ask.

Psssst....I posted the same link about 5 minutes ago.
                    Fred

Comment

PS if you do take the job can you hi-five jason for being so crazy (who eats ice cream in the winter???) and punch adam in the balls for that creepy look he has about him.
                      Thanks.
                      Fred

Comment

Psssst....I posted the same link about 5 minutes ago.
                        Fred

Now you know the length of my attention span. I'm bus...ted.

Comment

In Taiwan I used to live near a place called 'Kilin Children English School'
                          At least working for banana english school there would be no end to the punning and jokestering.
                          Sam doesn't look like much of a jokster though....

Comment

I give you a week.
                            Fred
                            I think he means that he gives you seven days.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderfool View Post
                              Well, I know few good English kids schools in Tochigi, though it is quite far from your wife's house.
                              Thanks Wonderfool - can you provide me some of the names of those schools??

Comment

Working...
                              X