Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Happy Science University - Any Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Science University - Any Info?

Just read this advert on JALT for teaching positions at Happy Science University. Further investigation reveals there are Happy Science Academies, Junior and Senior High Schools. It seems that he owner, Founder and CEO of Happy Science Group, Master Ryuho Okawa, believes that he's gEl Cantareh and destined to save humanity.

Jalt: http://jalt-publications.org/tlt/dep...en-recruitment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ryuho-okawa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1471204

Master Ryuho Okawa was born on July 7, 1956 in Tokushima Prefecture, Japan.After graduating from the prestigious University of Tokyo Faculty of Law, he joined a major general trading company. While working at the companyfs New York headquarters, he studied International Finance Theory at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York.

In 1981, Master Ryuho Okawa attained Great Enlightenment when he became aware that he was gEl Cantareh and identified his great mission of saving humankind. Since the foundation of Happy Science in 1986, he has worked vigorously building many temples or Shojas throughout Japan and overseas and has written more than 900 books, including gThe Laws of the Sunh published by IRH Press.

Many of those books became bestsellers or million sellers and his major books have been translated into many foreign languages and are read by many readers around the world.For media and cultural activities, Master Ryuho Okawa played the role of executive producer for the seventh movie gThe Final Judgmenth and the eighth movie gThe Mystical Lawh in 2012. Master Okawa is also the founder of the Happiness Realization Party (HRP) and Happy Science Academy, Junior and Senior High School.
    So this is a proposed university to add to his group junior and senior high schools and academies, tentatively schedules for a 2015 start. But:

Master?

El Cantare?

Save humankind?

The Final Judgement?

Okay. But isn't this starting to sound a lot like a cult?

I think I'll file this under things that make you go hmmmmmm.

The guy does seem to get around! Other references state he has published anywhere from 500 to 1,000 books. Uh, ok.

You might want to see what Wikipedia says about him in 1995. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryuho_Okawa

Yes, it's a religious "organization". There's even a branch in the boondocks where I live.

Hmmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenski View Post
      The guy does seem to get around! Other references state he has published anywhere from 500 to 1,000 books. Uh, ok.

You might want to see what Wikipedia says about him in 1995. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryuho_Okawa

Yes, it's a religious "organization". There's even a branch in the boondocks where I live.

Hmmmmmmm.
      From Wikipedia

He was married to Kyoko Okawa (‘åì ‚«‚å‚€Žq Ōkawa Kyōko?), former leader of the Happiness Realization Party and self-proclaimed "reborn Aphrodite and bodhisattva of wisdom and intellect",[4] but it was reported in February 2011 that they had divorced.[6][7] Happy Science announced that she had been permanently expelled for allegedly causing great personal and administrative damage to the organization, libeling the organization in various newspapers, and besmirching the name of Lord El Cantare.[8]
      Hilarious!

And then this:

Okawa was the target of a failed assassination attempt by Aum Shinrikyo in January 1995 using VX agent.[9]
      WTF? Gang wars between cults? lol!

Comment

Why are cult leaders always so creepy looking?

Some English teacher should try and get this job to do an undercover expose. Could turn out to be a best-selling book (in both English and Japanese).

Comment

Originally posted by *** View Post
          Just read this advert on JALT for teaching positions at Happy Science University. Further investigation reveals there are Happy Science Academies, Junior and Senior High Schools. It seems that he owner, Founder and CEO of Happy Science Group, Master Ryuho Okawa, believes that he's gEl Cantareh and destined to save humanity.
          If that doesn't work out, I'm sure the Kim Conversational English School in Pyongyang will be to your liking.

Eternally,
          A.

Comment

Happy Science is roughly the Japanese equivalent of Scientology. The real risk is that they want the teachers also to 'buy into' their weird beliefs... But they have deep pockets...

Comment

Deep pockets indeed. They have buildings in some of the most expensive areas of all the big cities in Japan. Prime real estate - expensive.

Comment

He's even spoken with Thatcher. (Not while she was living though)

http://eng.the-liberty.com/2013/4400/

Comment

Originally posted by Uncompletist View Post

I wonder what she'd be doing if she were alive today.

Comment

Hey Dean, could you help us out?

Volare, oh oh
                    Cantare, oh oh oh oh
                    Let's fly way up to the clouds
                    Away from the maddening crowds
                    We can sing in the glow of a star that I know of
                    Where lovers enjoy peace of mind
                    Let us leave the confusion and all disillusion behind
                    Just like bird of a feather, a rainbow together we'll find

Volare, oh oh
                    E contare, oh oh oh oh
                    No wonder my happy heart sings
                    Your love has given me wings
                    Penso che un sogno cosi non ritorni mai piu
                    Mi dipingevo le mani e la faccia di blu
                    Poi d'improvviso venivo dal vento rapito
                    E incominciavo a volare nel cielo infinito

Volare, oh oh
                    E contare, oh oh oh oh
                    Nel blu, dipinto di blu
                    Felice di stare lassu
                    E volavo, volavo felice
                    Piu in alto del sole ed ancora piu su
                    Mentre il mondo pian piano spariva lontano laggiu
                    Una musica dolce suonava soltanto per me

Volare, oh oh
                    E cantare, oh oh oh oh
                    No wonder my happy heart sings
                    Your love has given me wings
                    Nel blu, dipinto di blu
                    Felice di stare lassu

Comment

Originally posted by Uncompletist View Post

Had to laugh out loud when I read that.

Does the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, etc., support these kinds of cults? Well, I guess it doesn't matter whether it's Christian or Happy Science, or Scientology or the Catholic Church, they're all cults - same crap different pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimokitazawa View Post
                        Had to laugh out loud when I read that.

Does the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, etc., support these kinds of cults? Well, I guess it doesn't matter whether it's Christian or Happy Science, or Scientology or the Catholic Church, they're all cults - same crap different pile.
                        They are tax-exempt.

Comment

These guys used to be constantly stuffing my mailbox (and that of any other foreign-sounding name in my building) with english pamphlets.

Comment

Working...
                          X