Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Jibun Mirai Associe Contract/Salary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jibun Mirai Associe Contract/Salary

I looked at other posts but everyone seems to have different numbers and or contracts. Anyone currently working there, can you please clarify this for us.

On their website it says

"Salary:

The monthly salary is approximately 253,000 for a five day week of eight 44 min lessons per day. Other schedules with fewer work days and/or fewer lessons per week/day are also available, so it is often possible to accommodate specific scheduling needs."

Is this amount a fixed monthly salary? The word "approximately" is triggering alarm bells.

What do you see on your paycheck or what can you expect to see working full time?

Can anyone post an actual contract?

Thank you.
    Last edited by tt20; 2013-06-15, 05:17 AM.

I will be working there this fall. This is the break down they gave me in my acceptance email:

Your salary would be as below.
    Each 44-minute lesson taught (which includes the lesson time and administration time in the interval) is calculated as follows:

Base allowance: 800 yen
    Assignment allowance: 200 yen
    Regularity allowance: 150 yen will be paid for each lesson worked in the month. (Where there are no instances of lateness or absence in the month a regularity allowance will be paid. Conditions regarding the regularity allowance are detailed in this contract.)

Additional allowance:
    200 yen for each three-student lesson
    400 yen for each four-student lesson
    400 yen for reserved Man-to-Man lessons
    100 yen for each VOICE lesson/CAT
    200 yen for each Ekimae KIDS, Juku NOVA lesson

Comment

On the gaijinpot job site they say.

"Up to 2,100 yen per 60 minutes. Number of lessons will vary." Meaning that you can get stuck with 1 lesson a day.

Do they have hourly and monthly salary or they only offer hourly. Seems very confusing, official information and yet so very different from their site.

Originally posted by kojimin View Post
      I will be working there this fall. This is the break down they gave me in my acceptance email:

Your salary would be as below.
      Each 44-minute lesson taught (which includes the lesson time and administration time in the interval) is calculated as follows:
      Yeah there is no way it comes close to 2100 hourly or the 253 000 monthly.
      Last edited by tt20; 2013-06-15, 06:23 AM.

Comment

For regular contracts there's a base salary, area allowance etc that is the base, you also get a little more if you agree to go to any branch *usually in your home area on a as needed basis.

The base salary ranges depending on exactly what contract you were offered, but is something around 180000, plus area allowance, plus allowance depending if you agree to be placed anywhere, the base could be something from 210000+ yen depending on your real exact (hard copy) contract details not including the additional. On top of that base you get your additional allowances, eg, man-to-man classes, kids classes, etc etc and regularity. It is very much possible to make over the average 250,000 (again depending on your branch, working hours etc). Me personally was over that. New instructors for their first two months are probationary instructors and are paid a strait 200 additional, after the first month or so an evaluator will evaluate your performance and your status will change and you could make a bit more. With that said, the base allowance and area allowance copied by the other poster seems very low from all the other contracts I have seen from them, but then again that particular contract is part of a K-34 package (there's a 37 hour contract and 40 hour contract as well) which have different numbers, the 40 contract is the max. Wait until you have the hard copy / or PDF copy of it in hand for the full details.

Comment

Are you saying that the salaries advertized on Gaijinpot aren't regular contracts?

Comment

this is all very screwy if you ask me, sure you can get a visa and i guess some do well out of it. but would you wanna work at somewhere that is basically running things as a popularity contest?

this kind of situation looks a nightmare to me, as instead of establishing my own way an personality on things id have to be worried about whether the students were gonna decide in the first lesson they didnt like me and sod off. teacher or salesman?

no wonder japanese people are so far behind with their English
            Last edited by rm83; 2013-06-15, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Yes thats an accurate breakdown. Your salary is based on per lesson, which is 44 minutes long, but the pay is extrapolated to an hour, so you can see what the hourly pay would be, as that's how payroll is calculated. So if you max out a lesson you get

800 Base
              200 Assignment
              150 Regularity
              400 for a 4 Person or 1:1 lesson
              1550 Total

That's for 44 minutes though, take the 2100 salary though and divide it by 60 minutes and you get 35 yen per minute, now multiply that by 44 minutes (the number of minutes in a lesson) and you get 1540, which is a ten yen difference from the maximum lesson break down and is about 17 seconds of time, which is rounded down. that's where you get the " up too 2100 yen per hour" pay rate.

Your lessons will also be used as a management tool. Do something wrong and you get fewer lessons or low paid lessons. Make people happy and you get more lessons and the higher compensating lessons. So upset someone and you end up with a bunch of voice lessons, or kids lessons. Make people happy and you get the four person lessons, which basically pay double a three person lesson for only one extra student. If you make students happy you get requested for 1:1 lessons which are just high paid chit chat lessons. Really anger someone and you'll find yourself traveling between distant school branches, which yes you get reimbursed for the fare expenses but you aren't making money sitting on the train going from school to school. An AM or CM can have an instructor bounce around on long difficult trips for two low paid kids lessons that day and you make 2400 or about $25 for the whole day.

Yes, it's a popularity contest that's why people leave, that and even at a maxed out lesson your still getting paid on the very bottom of the wage scale for an ELL instructor. 2000 yen is the very bottom for private lessons, which in JM is a "reward lesson". The people that stay and succeed in JM are the young 20 something pretty, white, female instructors that play the sorority popularity game well. They make bff's of their managers and flirt with the trainers, and make nice with the reception staff. They dress professional, but sexy, and after a number of 1:1 lessons with the same client, they might leave an extra button undone on their blouse one Friday afternoon. They hand out compliments and flattery like candy to kids and parents, and they soft sell the lessons and school all the time.
              Last edited by vallient; 2013-06-15, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• dichotomy1974
                dichotomy1974 commented
                Editing a comment
                I worked for them. Immediately after training I was sent to four schools and lots of random ones all over the place. So I pissed someone off before I even started to work?

Originally posted by vallient View Post
              The people that stay and succeed in JM are the young 20 something pretty, white, female instructors that play the sorority popularity game well. They make bff's of their managers and flirt with the trainers, and make nice with the reception staff. They dress professional, but sexy, and after a number of 1:1 lessons with the same client, they might leave an extra button undone on their blouse one Friday afternoon. They hand out compliments and flattery like candy to kids and parents, and they soft sell the lessons and school all the time.
              You telling me that a bunch of Caucasian hotties work there? I am so sold!

Thanks for all the good info guys.

Comment

Originally posted by tt20 View Post
                You telling me that a bunch of Caucasian hotties work there? I am so sold!

Thanks for all the good info guys.
                they arent gonna sleep with you, dummy.

Comment

I looked at other posts but everyone seems to have different numbers and or contracts. Anyone currently working there, can you please clarify this for us.

On their website it says

"Salary:

The monthly salary is approximately 253,000 for a five day week of eight 44 min lessons per day. Other schedules with fewer work days and/or fewer lessons per week/day are also available, so it is often possible to accommodate specific scheduling needs."
                  Seems just like many other places where the stated "salary" turns out to be a best case deal. One ultra cheap place I worked for had a good stated salary, but only obtainable if worked every school day, no public holidays, the month had 31 days, and the first was on a Monday. Like your deal, impossible to earn the "promised" amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ludd View Post
                    Seems just like many other places where the stated "salary" turns out to be a best case deal. One ultra cheap place I worked for had a good stated salary, but only obtainable if worked every school day, no public holidays, the month had 31 days, and the first was on a Monday. Like your deal, impossible to earn the "promised" amount.
                    in other words, working for these clowns is a con, u wont enjoy it much, get a grip

Comment

Like every other job there is good and there is poop to shovel.

themoonrules said there is a base salary, only if that base was 250 000 and not the measly 210 000 ;/

Comment

themoonrules said there is a base salary, only if that base was 250 000 and not the measly 210 000 ;/
                        Unless you work in manure, in which case the good is poop to shovel. Makes you wonder* what the bad part of that job is.

Agriculturally,
                        A.

*Just a figure of speech. Please don't tell me. I get enough barnyard knowledge reading about some of the kinkier stuff on the Relationships thread.

Comment

no no no no no no no and no, did i mention no?

i had and do have now a job where i am treated as a normal human, not some charisma man nonsense. i would never work for nova, im not the big man but i do have pride

Comment

Originally posted by rm83 View Post
                            no no no no no no no and no, did i mention no?

i had and do have now a job where i am treated as a normal human, not some charisma man nonsense. i would never work for nova, im not the big man but i do have pride
                            I thought every foreigner was a charisma man be it South Korea or Japan. Don't you dare ruin it.

OK and regarding pay, sorry I am trying to justify this with my horrid math skills.

200 000 base + 1500 per lesson

Say your charisma is deflated and you get only 2 lessons a week, 8 lessons a month, and it comes to 48 000.

The pay isn't so bad, no? On top of that, if your charisma is overflowing, you can buy a porsche in a year.
                            Last edited by tt20; 2013-06-18, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X