Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Any experiences with these companies? Interviewing soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experiences with these companies? Interviewing soon

Well I was recently accepted by Interac, however they put me in the March 2014 group. I had been preparing for the August send date, so instead of waiting around 8 months I've been applying elsewhere to see what would happened.

I got interview requests with Amity, MIL The Language Center, Jibun Mirai, and COCO JUKU so far. Just wondering if anything has any experience with them or knows someone who's worked for them in the past. Not able to find too much as far as their reputation online.

If they're more of 'stepping stone' places to get you in the country and then move on from then that's fine, but would like some warning before I jump into it!

We could write all kinds of bad reviews, but if your happy with interact then all the other schools you listed will be pretty much the same..

Jibun Mirai, is the new NOVA, Coco Juko is the new school, Amity has been around a long time, and isnt very different from Interact. The best of the group you listed is MIL. I'd get more specific, but mostly your going to hear a lot of posters say your doing a lot of work for little money, that none of these schools really value their instructors, that your disposable, and that at some point your going to get cheated in some big or small way.

Your young, your cute, they will all with the exception of MIL, probably offer you a position. Your looking at 220,000-250,000 a month for about 8 lessons a day, and they have some kind of subsidized apartment option for you. You will work just under the required hours for the school to avoid paying for your pension and health care. If your lucky your bonus at the end of the year will cover your airfare.
    Last edited by vallient; 2013-06-26, 01:46 AM.

Comment

I have only heard good things about M.I.L. I know that they are out by Narita and are very straightforward about how things will go on their website. After that I would probably put Amity next on the list. It's a large chain eikaiwa and you might have to hand out fliers but they are good overall. Not much is known about Coco Juku, but their interview process is kind of a pain. You have to a lesson for them that lasts quite a long time (for an interview). Jibun Mirai/Nova pays you the least and doesn't give you public holidays. There is a high turnover rate with them.

If you care more about location than money Jibun Mirai/Nova probably has the most locations, then Amity, then Coco Juku. M.I.L. has multiple over a small area. Jibun Mirai and Coco Juku would probably give you the best chance of coming close to picking your work location.

Comment

EVERY job in the teaching industry is a stepping stone unless you get tenure somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by emma.elizabeth View Post
          Well I was recently accepted by Interac, however they put me in the March 2014 group. I had been preparing for the August send date, so instead of waiting around 8 months I've been applying elsewhere to see what would happened.

I got interview requests with Amity, MIL The Language Center, Jibun Mirai, and COCO JUKU so far. Just wondering if anything has any experience with them or knows someone who's worked for them in the past. Not able to find too much as far as their reputation online.

If they're more of 'stepping stone' places to get you in the country and then move on from then that's fine, but would like some warning before I jump into it!
          i had an interview with coco juku and it was with a fat balding moron. they waited about a month then started calling me after i had started a different job, to try and get me to move to the countryside

Comment

Working...
          X